Am I in the right group - just come over from discussion groups.
Seem to find subjects over there easier than in here - this is most
confusing but this method was recommended.
I cannot add a digi cam - Sony make - Sony have been of little
help and Micrsoft no better. They each blame each other.
I have tried everyway under the sun to connect it. It was OK in 98 and
2000Pro and it is instantly recognised on a friend's XP Pro system. I have
tried all eight USBs and other plug and play work.
As soon as the camera is switched on desktop freezes and nothing works.
Have to do manual shutdown.
This is driving me crazy Ok I know I can go get a card reader for a few
quid and do it that way, but.......Rgds
Antioch
'You can't educate pork'

It sounds like the camera software is either corrupted or not XP compatible.
Have you checked the manufacturer's website for XP compatible software?
Have you tryed uninstalling/reinstalling the camera software?
Running the software in compatability mode?

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It will waste your time, and annoy the
pig!
--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!