TECH: Spray Paint Demo Man Controls

Has anyone ever tried to use the Kyrlon Chrome looking speay paint on
the Demo Man handles? Mine are worn, thinking of a way to dress them
back up.

Charlie
7 answers Last reply
More about tech spray paint demo controls

    I used Krylon black gloss on my STTNG gun and coin door. Looks "brand"
    spanking new now. The chrome color should be fine , just make sure you
    practice the application. Don't over spray as to cause streaks. This
    can happen easily because gravity is not your friend in this time of
    job. Good luck

    Charlie:

    I have no idea as to how they would look, but if I were to spray paint
    them with the Krylon, I would consider sealing them in some way with a
    clearcoat to protect the paint.

    Charlie L. wrote:
    > Has anyone ever tried to use the Kyrlon Chrome looking speay paint on
    > the Demo Man handles? Mine are worn, thinking of a way to dress them
    > back up.
    >
    > Charlie

    Joe is right!
    Chrome paint looks tacky and marks up as soon as you touch it. If you
    clearcoat it, it loses the chrome effect. I agree with Joe. Get them
    chromed or contact Bay Area Amusements for new ones. You won't be happy
    with paint.
    Bill

    If you don't have a plater near you that does chrome, you might
    consider powder coating. You could even go with another prominent
    color in the game for something different.

    If you're looking for online mail-order plating, try the group
    alt.collecting.jukeboxes for references on several platers.

    Mike Doyle

    Why not have the handles re-chromed? It's going to look a LOT nicer (and more
    original) than "fake chrome in a can". Re-plating *will* be more expensive
    than a can of spray paint, obviously, but there end results will definitely
    look much better.

    Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

    In article <1119983699.242699.118880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Charlie
    L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote:
    >Has anyone ever tried to use the Kyrlon Chrome looking speay paint on
    >the Demo Man handles? Mine are worn, thinking of a way to dress them
    >back up.
    >
    >Charlie

    Absolutely, chrome paint is only good for something that has absolutely no
    contact, even when dry. Clearcoat turns it to grey. Rechroming is definitely
    the way to go, same thing for wire ramps.

    GRY

    <bheath8295@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Joe is right!
    > Chrome paint looks tacky and marks up as soon as you touch it. If you
    > clearcoat it, it loses the chrome effect. I agree with Joe. Get them
    > chromed or contact Bay Area Amusements for new ones. You won't be happy
    > with paint.
    > Bill

    hey, did you get the 'best offer' machine offered here?
    how much did you get it for?

Chrome Games Video Games