TECH: Spray Paint Demo Man Controls

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2005 4:02:24 PM

Has anyone ever tried to use the Kyrlon Chrome looking speay paint on
the Demo Man handles? Mine are worn, thinking of a way to dress them
back up.

Charlie
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:05:19 PM

I used Krylon black gloss on my STTNG gun and coin door. Looks "brand"
spanking new now. The chrome color should be fine , just make sure you
practice the application. Don't over spray as to cause streaks. This
can happen easily because gravity is not your friend in this time of
job. Good luck
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:06:52 PM

Charlie:

I have no idea as to how they would look, but if I were to spray paint
them with the Krylon, I would consider sealing them in some way with a
clearcoat to protect the paint.

Charlie L. wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried to use the Kyrlon Chrome looking speay paint on
> the Demo Man handles? Mine are worn, thinking of a way to dress them
> back up.
>
> Charlie
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:30:49 PM

Joe is right!
Chrome paint looks tacky and marks up as soon as you touch it. If you
clearcoat it, it loses the chrome effect. I agree with Joe. Get them
chromed or contact Bay Area Amusements for new ones. You won't be happy
with paint.
Bill
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:42:48 PM

If you don't have a plater near you that does chrome, you might
consider powder coating. You could even go with another prominent
color in the game for something different.

If you're looking for online mail-order plating, try the group
alt.collecting.jukeboxes for references on several platers.

Mike Doyle
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:12:09 PM

Why not have the handles re-chromed? It's going to look a LOT nicer (and more
original) than "fake chrome in a can". Re-plating *will* be more expensive
than a can of spray paint, obviously, but there end results will definitely
look much better.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <1119983699.242699.118880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Charlie
L." <nflis4me@aol.com> wrote:
>Has anyone ever tried to use the Kyrlon Chrome looking speay paint on
>the Demo Man handles? Mine are worn, thinking of a way to dress them
>back up.
>
>Charlie

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:49:49 AM

Absolutely, chrome paint is only good for something that has absolutely no
contact, even when dry. Clearcoat turns it to grey. Rechroming is definitely
the way to go, same thing for wire ramps.

GRY

<bheath8295@aol.com> wrote in message
> Joe is right!
> Chrome paint looks tacky and marks up as soon as you touch it. If you
> clearcoat it, it loses the chrome effect. I agree with Joe. Get them
> chromed or contact Bay Area Amusements for new ones. You won't be happy
> with paint.
> Bill

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:42:21 AM

hey, did you get the 'best offer' machine offered here?
how much did you get it for?
!