Where have all the windows gone

After getting updates for XP or maybe uninstalling a Explorer Taskbar I now
loose all windows when I minimise them. I see them shrink down to the Windows
Taskbar but then they disappear somewhere in the Quick Launch section. I have
tried changing taskbar properties and folder views to try and make them
visible. I know all windows minimised are still running because when I run
Task Manager they are all there.

Can anyone help please

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Pilchard wrote:

> After getting updates for XP or maybe uninstalling a Explorer Taskbar I now
> loose all windows when I minimise them. I see them shrink down to the Windows
> Taskbar but then they disappear somewhere in the Quick Launch section. I have
> tried changing taskbar properties and folder views to try and make them
> visible. I know all windows minimised are still running because when I run
> Task Manager they are all there.
>
> Can anyone help please

Try running the edit on Kelly's site at
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, line 240, "Programs
Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar".

See the top of the page for info on running the edit.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Sorted the problem "you are ace Rock" this has been driving me mad.

Thanks

"Rock" wrote:

> Pilchard wrote:
>
> > After getting updates for XP or maybe uninstalling a Explorer Taskbar I now
> > loose all windows when I minimise them. I see them shrink down to the Windows
> > Taskbar but then they disappear somewhere in the Quick Launch section. I have
> > tried changing taskbar properties and folder views to try and make them
> > visible. I know all windows minimised are still running because when I run
> > Task Manager they are all there.
> >
> > Can anyone help please
>
> Try running the edit on Kelly's site at
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, line 240, "Programs
> Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar".
>
> See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Pilchard wrote:

> Sorted the problem "you are ace Rock" this has been driving me mad.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>

>>Pilchard wrote:
>>

>>>After getting updates for XP or maybe uninstalling a Explorer Taskbar I now
>>>loose all windows when I minimise them. I see them shrink down to the Windows
>>>Taskbar but then they disappear somewhere in the Quick Launch section. I have
>>>tried changing taskbar properties and folder views to try and make them
>>>visible. I know all windows minimised are still running because when I run
>>>Task Manager they are all there.
>>>
>>>Can anyone help please
>>
>>Try running the edit on Kelly's site at
>>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, line 240, "Programs
>>Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar".
>>
>>See the top of the page for info on running the edit.
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Great - glad it's fixed, and it's Kelly who's the ace. Thanks for
posting back.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User