Spray Paint the chrome legs?

I have chrome legs that I want to paint black for my STTNG. Anyone did
this and how does it look? I plan to use Krylon black gloss. Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about spray paint chrome legs

    I have painted legs and they look good if done right but they will
    scratch easily. For less than $50 you can obtain a new set of painted
    ones.If you have a good quality machine, go for the real painted legs
    and you won't be sorry you wasted your time and money.

    If you are going to paint chrome make sure you sand blast them first.
    If you don't the paint will scratch off very easy. You may want to go
    with a wrinkle black. It looks like factory.
    Bill

    Might want to think about purchasing new ones :)

    I suspect, to do it right, the chrome would need to be sandblasted
    off....or at least really roughed-up.

    I was kinda suspecting that, thats why I asked here first before doing
    it. My chrome legs are still damn new. It is a waste to change them.
    It doens't look so bad in chrome I guess.

    I bought some black ones for my STTNG a couple of years ago. (I ended
    up putting them on my T*Z instead.) They look awesome! They are much
    nicer than if I had painted them myself. For the price; I'd go with a
    new set.

    John

    Save they "like new" chrome legs for another machine or sell them to a
    friend. Do the job right the first time, and buy black legs, they will
    look like original ones

    Use Rustoleum Hammer Finish Black. It's fairly tough, and if you get a
    scratch you can very easily shoot the scratch with a fresh shot of
    paint and the touchup will be invisible.

    http://www.geocities.com/pinballaggie/stargate/legs.html

    etc etc

    After you buy new black legs, sell your chrome ones. If they're
    practically new, you'll get a good price.

    This will offset the cost of the new legs plus save you time.

    Dave

    Sure, I paint them all the time. I prefer to
    bead blast them first, and try to use legs that
    are less than perfect. The paint will stick better
    on them.

    Many different types of paint for this, but I've
    found the Rustoleum "Hard Hat" to do a pretty fair
    job for a gloss finish.

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8

    Dukester wrote:
    > I have chrome legs that I want to paint black for my STTNG. Anyone did
    > this and how does it look? I plan to use Krylon black gloss. Thanks

Chrome Games Video Games