The Security Option 2 in O.E. with XP is deadly. If one says do not allow
attachments to messages, Windows XP does neither warn of any virus or
potential danger to system nor does it just stop user from saving the
attachment but straightaway reboots the system, diconnecting a dial-up
connection and scaring the user as to why this happened. And this happens
even with saving of a totally innocent picture of a family member sent as
attachment.

Is there any way to ask O.E. or I. E. under XP Security Option in O. E. to
warn of a danger or ask the user whether he really wants to save the
picture?

P. Jayant

P.Jayant wrote:
> The Security Option 2 in O.E. with XP is deadly. If one says do not
> allow attachments to messages, Windows XP does neither warn of any
> virus or potential danger to system nor does it just stop user from
> saving the attachment but straightaway reboots the system,
> diconnecting a dial-up connection and scaring the user as to why this
> happened. And this happens even with saving of a totally innocent
> picture of a family member sent as attachment.
>
> Is there any way to ask O.E. or I. E. under XP Security Option in O.
> E. to warn of a danger or ask the user whether he really wants to
> save the picture?
>
> P. Jayant

Then there is something wrong with your PC. OE does not reboot the
system just because you ave a picture.
OE specific NG.

Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)