Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Validation failed when I tried to download new MS anti-spyware. I've never
had problems with validation before. I DL the last anti-spyware in March or
so with no problem. Not sure what is going on.

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects.
Right-click on each item denoted as "Windows Genuine
Advantage Validation Tool" and select "Remove".

Afterward, revisit the Windows Update web site.

Troubleshooting:

The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process
does not complete when you try to validate your copy of Windows XP
or Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Rob" wrote:

| Validation failed when I tried to download new MS anti-spyware. I've never
| had problems with validation before. I DL the last anti-spyware in March or
| so with no problem. Not sure what is going on.

On Saturday 13 August 2005 04:59 pm, Rob had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Validation failed when I tried to download new MS anti-spyware. I've never
> had problems with validation before. I DL the last anti-spyware in March
> or so with no problem. Not sure what is going on.

Maybe MicroShaft is going to charge now for their wonderful anti-virus
software that "protects" their inept o/s from viruses?

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

As usual, you have not the intelligence, nor inclination,
to offer any worthwhile assistance to the OP.

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> As usual, you have not the intelligence, nor inclination,
> to offer any worthwhile assistance to the OP.

You may have the intelligence but not the inclination to help
or lend assistance to OP's. Merely parroting Microsoft KB's on
many occasions is insufficient nor of no value except to indicate
that you know the existence of several hundred of them. More
often than not, the problem that gets posted has already failed
a search in Microsoft's website and/or that the KB had failed to
address the more specific points of the issue at hand.

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

What's the error message on the final page you reach?

Paste in the final url you end up on too, if you can

Jon

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Validation failed when I tried to download new MS anti-spyware. I've never
> had problems with validation before. I DL the last anti-spyware in March
> or
> so with no problem. Not sure what is going on.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I did this and still can not get validation. Under "Tools" I have "prompt"
for ActiveX Controls download and run. I get "The product key associated with
your copy of Windows was never issued by Microsoft". I have downloaded a few
things (WindowsMedia9, NETFramework1.1) at MS website over last few mths w/o
problem. (Using XP).