My pioneer pl203az turntable

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimepig

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
my pioneer pl203az turntable has 3 connectors coming out; 1 red rca, 1 white rca, which connect to my receiver. but the third is im assuming the power, but it is a barrel type connector. so what does it plug into?

G

Red and white are audio left and right.

The barrel has how many pins (or receptacles for pins) ? Could it be a DIN audio socket ? Do not try applying power to it until identified.

There may also be a single terminal or trailing wire to provide an earth link between the turntable and amplifier.

Power is likely to be via a captive cable, with a wall plug on the end, surely. Though I fond a thread that suggested that this turntable ran on 12 volts power -- see if there are any labels on the turntable base suggesting this.

Take a picture of the barrel socket and post it on Facebook or You Tube or PhotoBucket and post a link here.

Also visit http://www.vinylengine.com/

slimepig

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
moot point. the turntable is junk! it came on a cheapo pioneer component system and was made to plug into only that component receiver! shoulda known better than to buy a pioneer from fingerhut!

G

It's probably still usable if the power input is 12 volts DC as this is a fairly common voltage for things like routers and they turn up very cheap (or in the garbage) as people change ISPs.

If, as you say, the turntable is a cheapo you don't have much to lose by experimenting. If it works, any turntable is better than none.

Personally I would suggest getting a secondhand Technics 1210 series direct drive (the default choice for DJs). Coming down in price as the amateur DJ fad passes -- a friend recently bought one in new consition for $120. It's solidly built and the slightly economy-class arm can actually handle a wide range of cartridges. Direct drive eliminates the need to replace a hard to find obsolete belt.

bailey1226

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

elenture

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
i think so, If it works, any turntable is better than none. thanks
mkbA

bz0gkl

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Status