Copying XP format to disk

I have Win 2000 on a pc and just had to reinstall it. My Win 98 boot disk
wouldn't format it so I used my XP disk to format the NTFS partition.
I want to copy the format from my XP CD to a floppy so I can use it if I
need to format a NTFS partition. What is the easiest way to do this?
Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about copying format disk

    this program will format,partition and fit on a floppy
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html

    peterk

    "woody" <woody@owlnet.com> wrote in message
    >I have Win 2000 on a pc and just had to reinstall it. My Win 98 boot disk
    > wouldn't format it so I used my XP disk to format the NTFS partition.
    > I want to copy the format from my XP CD to a floppy so I can use it if I
    > need to format a NTFS partition. What is the easiest way to do this?
    > Thanks

    Win98 Fdisk did not format your computer? Now that is hard to believe. I always use the Fdisk to wipe all my drives clean before installing Win2K and Win3K

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes wrote:

    > Win98 Fdisk did not format your computer? Now that is hard to believe.
    > I always use the Fdisk to wipe all my drives clean before installing
    > Win2K and Win3K

    No, you're thinking of the Win98 boot disk which usually has Fdisk on
    it, the DOS system files of course, and Format. Fdisk is the
    partitioner. Format is... the formatter. :-)

    You would use Fdisk to delete and create your partitions and then exit
    Fdisk to run Format.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    "woody" <woody@owlnet.com> wrote in message
    >I have Win 2000 on a pc and just had to reinstall it. My Win 98 boot disk
    > wouldn't format it so I used my XP disk to format the NTFS partition.
    > I want to copy the format from my XP CD to a floppy so I can use it if I
    > need to format a NTFS partition. What is the easiest way to do this?
    > Thanks

    You can't put the format function of XP on a floppy. You've already done it
    from the XP cd so why would you need a floppy? The floppy needs an OS on it
    and you sure can't fit XP on it.

    "Randy" <nospam@wowspam.com> wrote in

    > "woody" <woody@owlnet.com> wrote in message
    >>I have Win 2000 on a pc and just had to reinstall it. My Win 98 boot
    >>disk
    >> wouldn't format it so I used my XP disk to format the NTFS partition.
    >> I want to copy the format from my XP CD to a floppy so I can use it
    >> if I need to format a NTFS partition. What is the easiest way to do
    >> this?
    >> Thanks
    >
    > You can't put the format function of XP on a floppy. You've already
    > done it from the XP cd so why would you need a floppy? The floppy
    > needs an OS on it and you sure can't fit XP on it.

    Good Point, I forgot win 98 bootdisk has dos on it.

    "woody" <woody@owlnet.com> wrote in message
    >I have Win 2000 on a pc and just had to reinstall it. My Win 98 boot disk
    > wouldn't format it so I used my XP disk to format the NTFS partition.
    > I want to copy the format from my XP CD to a floppy so I can use it if I
    > need to format a NTFS partition. What is the easiest way to do this?
    > Thanks

    www.langa.com

    You may be interested in item 1 of the Newsletter of 2005-08-11

    Don

    A better explanation and thank you. I always used the Win98 Fdisk option to reformat. I know that I can also use myW2K3 when I want to reformat the server OS but I like the Fdisk of 98 much better.. Now do not ask me why I just do. <s>

    --
    Peter

    "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Win98 Fdisk did not format your computer? Now that is hard to believe.
    > I always use the Fdisk to wipe all my drives clean before installing
    > Win2K and Win3K

    I should have stated for highly skilled experts like you that it would not
    format in NTFS.

Format Windows XP