Windows Image Aquisition and Umax 2200 Scanner

HI

I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner? What
is going on?

TIA
NBK
4 answers Last reply
More about windows image aquisition umax 2200 scanner

    NBK wrote:

    > HI
    >
    > I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
    > Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
    > What is going on?
    >
    > TIA
    > NBK

    Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner? What
    does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is supported in
    XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write drivers for
    their hardware, not the operating system mftr. (Microsoft).

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke wrote:
    > NBK wrote:
    >
    >> HI
    >>
    >> I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
    >> Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
    >> What is going on?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> NBK
    >
    > Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner?
    > What does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is
    > supported in XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write
    > drivers for their hardware, not the operating system mftr.
    > (Microsoft).
    >
    > Malke

    I have an old Umax 1200s scanner, and while I can download XP drivers
    from Umax's European sites, it isn't really necessary, as support for
    this scanner is built into WIA.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Malke wrote:
    > NBK wrote:
    >

    >>HI
    >>
    >>I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
    >>Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
    >>What is going on?
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>NBK
    >

    > Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner? What
    > does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is supported in
    > XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write drivers for
    > their hardware, not the operating system mftr. (Microsoft).
    >
    > Malke
    The Umax software works fine. I was just curious about WIA, because i
    have a strong feeling that UMAX will not provide drivers and software
    for Windows Vista.

    Thanks
    NBK

    NBK wrote:

    > Malke wrote:
    >> NBK wrote:
    >>

    >>>HI
    >>>
    >>>I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
    >>>Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
    >>>What is going on?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>NBK
    >>

    >> Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner?
    >> What does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is
    >> supported in XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write
    >> drivers for their hardware, not the operating system mftr.
    >> (Microsoft).
    >>
    >> Malke
    > The Umax software works fine. I was just curious about WIA, because i
    > have a strong feeling that UMAX will not provide drivers and software
    > for Windows Vista.
    >
    > Thanks
    > NBK

    Oh. Well, it doesn't matter what the function in XP is in relation to
    whatever will happen in Vista. Different operating systems. I guess
    you'll just need to wait until Vista is out and give it a try.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com