Windows Image Aquisition and Umax 2200 Scanner

nbk

HI

I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner? What
is going on?

TIA
NBK

Malke

NBK wrote:

> HI
>
> I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
> Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
> What is going on?
>
> TIA
> NBK

Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner? What
does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is supported in
XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write drivers for
their hardware, not the operating system mftr. (Microsoft).

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Malke wrote:
> NBK wrote:
>
>> HI
>>
>> I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
>> Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
>> What is going on?
>>
>> TIA
>> NBK
>
> Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner?
> What does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is
> supported in XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write
> drivers for their hardware, not the operating system mftr.
> (Microsoft).
>
> Malke

I have an old Umax 1200s scanner, and while I can download XP drivers
from Umax's European sites, it isn't really necessary, as support for
this scanner is built into WIA.

--
Peace!
Kurt

nbk

Malke wrote:
> NBK wrote:
>

>>HI
>>
>>I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
>>Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
>>What is going on?
>>
>>TIA
>>NBK
>

> Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner? What
> does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is supported in
> XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write drivers for
> their hardware, not the operating system mftr. (Microsoft).
>
> Malke
The Umax software works fine. I was just curious about WIA, because i
have a strong feeling that UMAX will not provide drivers and software
for Windows Vista.

Thanks
NBK

Malke

NBK wrote:

> Malke wrote:
>> NBK wrote:
>>

>>>HI
>>>
>>>I get a black screen when i try to scan with WIA using an UMAX 2200
>>>Scanner USB. Does this mean that WIA does not support my scanner?
>>>What is going on?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>NBK
>>

>> Are there XP drivers on the UMAX website for your specific scanner?
>> What does UMAX tech support say about whether this scanner is
>> supported in XP? It is the hardware mftr.'s responsibility to write
>> drivers for their hardware, not the operating system mftr.
>> (Microsoft).
>>
>> Malke
> The Umax software works fine. I was just curious about WIA, because i
> have a strong feeling that UMAX will not provide drivers and software
> for Windows Vista.
>
> Thanks
> NBK

Oh. Well, it doesn't matter what the function in XP is in relation to
whatever will happen in Vista. Different operating systems. I guess
you'll just need to wait until Vista is out and give it a try.

Malke