hd sharing password

August 13, 2005 9:39:17 PM

hi all,
in my old win98se, i´d had a HD sharing by password protection, How can i
have same password protected hd (or folder) in the XP pro ?
Helio

More about : sharing password

August 14, 2005 2:14:40 AM

Hi,

You can also hide hard drives and/or partitions from other users/profiles.
As for sharing with a password:

To Set the My Documents Folder to Private

On the Start menu, right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
Click the Sharing tab, and then click to select the Make this folder private
so that only I have access to it check box. Click Apply, and then click OK .

Note: You cannot make your folders private if your drive is not formatted
as NTFS.

Home Edition: Set Permissions for Shared Files and Folders. Boot into safe
mode and logon to the 'Administrator' account. Right click the folder in
question/Sharing and Security/Make Folder Private.

To view the Security tab for a file or folder in XP, hold down the Ctrl key
while right-clicking the file or folder, and select Properties. If you are
in a domain instead of a workgroup, this approach is unnecessary.

You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307286

Hide Files and Folders inside of Windows XP

Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Right click the folder to be hidden/Sharing and Security/General
Tab/Hidden/Apply Changes to.../

More information here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_mydocs.htm

--