hd sharing password

hi all,
in my old win98se, i´d had a HD sharing by password protection, How can i
have same password protected hd (or folder) in the XP pro ?
Helio
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing password

    Hi,

    You can also hide hard drives and/or partitions from other users/profiles.
    As for sharing with a password:

    To Set the My Documents Folder to Private

    On the Start menu, right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
    Click the Sharing tab, and then click to select the Make this folder private
    so that only I have access to it check box. Click Apply, and then click OK .

    Note: You cannot make your folders private if your drive is not formatted
    as NTFS.

    Home Edition: Set Permissions for Shared Files and Folders. Boot into safe
    mode and logon to the 'Administrator' account. Right click the folder in
    question/Sharing and Security/Make Folder Private.

    To view the Security tab for a file or folder in XP, hold down the Ctrl key
    while right-clicking the file or folder, and select Properties. If you are
    in a domain instead of a workgroup, this approach is unnecessary.

    You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307286

    Hide Files and Folders inside of Windows XP

    Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Files and Folders.
    Right click the folder to be hidden/Sharing and Security/General
    Tab/Hidden/Apply Changes to.../

    More information here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_mydocs.htm

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP

    "Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi all,
    > in my old win98se, i´d had a HD sharing by password protection, How can i
    > have same password protected hd (or folder) in the XP pro ?
    > Helio

Microsoft HD Windows XP