Help Save James Bond!

The machine is a 1980 James Bond. Many things seem to work, lights
sound
etc. but you can't play the game. On startup the ball will not kick out
and
the flippers don't work.

I don't have experience with pinball machiens. I've had some arcade
games and have made small repairs to them. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Parts for this machine?

When you put a credit in, it makes a certain sound. When you push the
start button it starts to go into what seems to be the startup noised
and then just repeats a sound that is just like when you put a credit
on the machine.

One solution might be replacing the selenoid/lamp driver board? Someone
said that might be it. It lookes like someone made a small half-ass
repai to it.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the info.

How do I know how many balls it should have? There seems to be one.
There is also one more that is not in play, it it used inside fby the
tilt so that the tilt activates if the front of the machine is lifted
up.

Should there be more than one ball in the playfield?

Sounds good.

Looks like I'll be breakin out my ohm meter that I haven't used since
high school, and checkin some fuses.

Thanks

"Matt McKee" wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> How do I know how many balls it should have? There seems to be one.
> There is also one more that is not in play, it it used inside fby the
> tilt so that the tilt activates if the front of the machine is lifted
> up.
>
> Should there be more than one ball in the playfield?

James Bond is not a multiball game so requires only one ball in the ball
trough at the bottom of the playfield.

The "tilt roll cage" ball in the main cabinet is a smaller ball- 3/4"
diameter (regular ball is 1-1/16") and shouldn't be used for play.

The next thing I would check are the fuses under the playfield and in the
lower main cabinet. You may just have a blown coil fuse that is preventing
some/all of the playfield coils from working.

I'm not a Gottlieb expert, so probably can't help much more than this, but
you may check at this site for more tech help/info: www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm

Hope that helps!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

A good start would be to be sure you have the correct number of balls in the
game, and then with power off pull fuses and check with an ohm meter. And on
the boards, be sure all the connectors are on tight. LTG :)

"Matt McKee" <matt@semmergroup.com> wrote in message
> The machine is a 1980 James Bond. Many things seem to work, lights
> sound
> etc. but you can't play the game. On startup the ball will not kick out
> and
> the flippers don't work.
>
> I don't have experience with pinball machiens. I've had some arcade
> games and have made small repairs to them. Does anyone have any
> suggestions? Parts for this machine?
>
> When you put a credit in, it makes a certain sound. When you push the
> start button it starts to go into what seems to be the startup noised
> and then just repeats a sound that is just like when you put a credit
> on the machine.
>
> One solution might be replacing the selenoid/lamp driver board? Someone
> said that might be it. It lookes like someone made a small half-ass
> repai to it.
>

> Thanks,
> Matt

> How do I know how many balls it should have? There seems to be one.
> There is also one more that is not in play, it it used inside fby the
> tilt so that the tilt activates if the front of the machine is lifted
> up.
>
> Should there be more than one ball in the playfield?

There should be sticker on the rail under where the lockdown bar rests that
says how many balls the game takes. If that is missing or unlegible, I'd
look in the ball trough and see how many switches there are towards the end
near the shooter lane and put in that many.

Check for any fuses in the backbox or under the playfield that may be blown.
Test with an ohm meter, you CANNOT visually tell if they are good or bad.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

There are a couple bridge rectifiers inside this pin I think. If they are
original, they need to be replaced. This could clear up the problem.
Possibly.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com
pinball show dvd's for sale