Help! Dell Poweredge 400SC hard drive limit

Daniel

The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
Any leads on how to anable both?

hh

Original IDE cable? Both drives jumpered CS for Cable Select?
HH

"Daniel" <DanielMaingi@networkdesigner.net> wrote in message
> The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
> drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
> sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
> Any leads on how to anable both?

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 17 Apr 2004 21:38:36 -0700, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,
DanielMaingi@networkdesigner.net (Daniel) wrote:

>The system specs state maximum HD size is 240GB. I have two 160GB hard
>drives. Only one of them is seeen in Windows server 2003. The bios
>sees both - one as primary master the other as Primary Slave.
>Any leads on how to anable both?

Has the second drive been partitioned and formatted?

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

Robert

Are looking in disk administrator or Windows explorer?