milan_heart

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Plz Help,
I have Dell Inspiron N4030 laptop brought about 1 year 5 months ago. I have now installed Windows 8 Release Preview in it. But It has got a problem, the vertical pink color line appears from yesterday in the monitor. Plz help how to remove that line and Make us know how such line appears.

Thank you,

milan_heart

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Dear Sir, Thank you for the reply. Actually I haven't replaced any hardware in my laptop. Its the factory hardware and Don't know about VGA and DVI. Even I haven't connected any Monitor in my laptop.

Looks like the video driver for Windows 8 may be corrupt.

I hope you installed Windows 8 on a separate partition OR a separate hard disk, and I hope you did not overwrite your original Windows 7 Operating System.

You may have to download and install Windows 8 video driver from Dell.

In order to get the video driver for Win 8, go to "support.dell.com" and enter the service tag number of your laptop in the appropriate field. Then follow instructions and download the Win 8 video driver.

Let me know the progress.

milan_heart

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Dear Sir,

I have again installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit but the same problem occoured. Actually that Vertical line appears while the computer is turned on (When the light passes through the Monitor).

Please re-install the video driver from "support.dell.com"

To verify that the graphics on the motherboard is fine, connect an external monitor to the VGA output at the back of the laptop. If you still have this 'vertical' line, then the graphics on the motherboard is bad. If the external monitor works fine, then the LCD display on the laptop is bad.

Please do this and let me know the results.

Timian123

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Ubrales, It can also be his LCD Inverter cable.

One way to test the LCD, panel itself, is by holding down the "D" button, and then power on the system. This will start a LCD test, where it goes through the RGB Colors. If the issue is still here, it's the LCD or Cable.

You can try to reset the cable, to see if there's any changes.

If the test did not start up, you can star it though the diagnostic, from "F12" boot menu. When it asks if color bars were displayed, choose No "N" and it will start up.