Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Color imperfection (LG2353V)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 13, 2010 7:43:21 AM

Hello, I recently bought a LG 2353 LCD and currently testing it out with my console and computer (priority) to see if I see any cons that may sway my decision on keeping the LCD.

Now this is my problem. I see a light greenish/bluish film of tint overlaying my gray color on steam and in call of duty since my steam is using gray skin and call of duty has deep gray color in the game. I was able to pick it out right away, I tried many other settings to see if I can compensate it, nothing seems to work. All my other colors are rich and deep. I can notice this film in games as I have a keen eye and can pick out the differences that are normal or abnormal.

I went back to my viewsonic crt and my samsung 226cw. Both are showing me the normal color without this green/blue film overlapping my colors in games. I can't put my finger on this problem, tried researching on this etc. I'm using a bfg gtx280 video card. This color film doesn't show up on my desktop or in my internet browser. This shows up in certain areas that makes no sense to me.

Any recommendations/help would be great. Thank you

Best solution

February 13, 2010 3:14:53 PM

Your LG 2353 is probably a Wide Color Gamut monitor which generally over-saturates colors with a little green. Some say greenish-blue.

Click on the following link:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/downloads/wallpapers...

If colors (especially the armor) looks a bit green / greenish blue, then you have a Wide Color Gamut monitor. The colors should be more grayish. Nearly all monitors sold today are wide color gamut (92%). It's just the way it is.

You can look for a normal color gamut (72% - 74%) monitor since they still sell them, but I don't know of any myself. All my monitors are wide color gamut.
February 13, 2010 7:11:20 PM

jaguarskx said:
Your LG 2353 is probably a Wide Color Gamut monitor which generally over-saturates colors with a little green. Some say greenish-blue.

Click on the following link:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/downloads/wallpapers...

If colors (especially the armor) looks a bit green / greenish blue, then you have a Wide Color Gamut monitor. The colors should be more grayish. Nearly all monitors sold today are wide color gamut (92%). It's just the way it is.

You can look for a normal color gamut (72% - 74%) monitor since they still sell them, but I don't know of any myself. All my monitors are wide color gamut.

Thank you so much, this would make sense. Now, are there any tools that I can use to fix this so I can see more gray? I don't have any saturate color control through my LCD or video card
Related resources
February 20, 2010 3:28:11 AM

Best answer selected by zanora.
February 22, 2010 4:11:59 AM

If your monitor has a sRGB then you can try switching to that to get "normal" colors. However, even expensive, high quality wide gamut color monitors with sRGB mode don't show perfect grays like my 26" NEC and Planar monitors in my signature, but it's better than nothing.

You can also try to adjust the RED, Green, BLUE values in the monitor's OSD menu to try to get colors to your liking. It's not perfect and can require some time to get the right values for your tastes.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
!