Help Dimensions 4600

Guys I have messed up big time...

I have just tried to add a second hard drive to the above.

Now I cant get the Dimensions to find the Primary drive,
I keep on getting 'Primary drive not found'

Ok I have tried different configurations on the BIOS and the jumpers on my
Hitachi Deskstar.

Any help would be appreciated.

ShiftZZ

"shiftzz" <shiftzz@bbb.bb> wrote in message
> Guys I have messed up big time...
>
> I have just tried to add a second hard drive to the above.
>
> Now I cant get the Dimensions to find the Primary drive,
> I keep on getting 'Primary drive not found'
>
> Ok I have tried different configurations on the BIOS and the jumpers on my
> Hitachi Deskstar.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Put both drives in Cable Select mode with the jumpers. Make sure you
primary drive is at the end of the IDE cable. Set the BIOS to Auto for the
two drives and then reboot.

If that doesn't work try the Master Slave jumpers with you primary disk
being jumped as master and you new secondary disk as slave.

If all else fails put it back the way it was before you tired to install the
new disk and then add the new disk to the secondary IDE channel following
the same jumper pattern described above.

HTH

--

Rob

also make sure the ide cable is firmly seated into the motherboard
connector. you might have loosened it. also check that the power
connectors to the drives are firmly connected.

"shiftzz" <shiftzz@bbb.bb> wrote in message
> Guys I have messed up big time...
>
> I have just tried to add a second hard drive to the above.
>
> Now I cant get the Dimensions to find the Primary drive,
> I keep on getting 'Primary drive not found'
>
> Ok I have tried different configurations on the BIOS and the jumpers on my
> Hitachi Deskstar.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> ShiftZZ

Thanks guys....

Now working . Yipeeeeeeee

ShiftZZ

"ZupaDupa" <ZupaDupa@DupaZupa.com> wrote in message
> also make sure the ide cable is firmly seated into the motherboard
> connector. you might have loosened it. also check that the power
> connectors to the drives are firmly connected.
>

> "shiftzz" <shiftzz@bbb.bb> wrote in message
>> Guys I have messed up big time...
>>
>> I have just tried to add a second hard drive to the above.
>>
>> Now I cant get the Dimensions to find the Primary drive,
>> I keep on getting 'Primary drive not found'
>>
>> Ok I have tried different configurations on the BIOS and the jumpers on
>> my
>> Hitachi Deskstar.
>>

>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> ShiftZZ

wonderful! so what was it???!!!! the suspense is killing me... ;-)