WMI error?

The last few times I've booted up my Win 7 machine it takes considerably longer to get through the boot sequence. It eventually does but this was rather concerning so I checked the event log and I do see an error under Window Logs/Application. Details of the error is:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 10/23/2012 9:51:32 AM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-10-23T13:51:32.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>12830</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Topgun505</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Anyone have any ideas what this means and if this is any sort of serious issue and how to fix it? The research I did on WMI wasn't overly helpful.
1 answer Last reply
More about error
  1. I'm pretty sure that you're looking at the wrong log entry. This one's just saying that there's some error in the Event Viewer when you start it.

The Event Viewer is a WMI snap-in, by the way, which is why you get a WMI error and not an Even Viewer error.

But that's just pure conjecture, I can't really help you here except suggest that you go to the Command Prompt and run SFC /scannow to check all the files in your Windows installation to make sure they're all OK.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7