Samsung tv not receiving pc signal HDMI CABLE

Hello,
The problem I am having is I have connected my pc to my samsung tv... The image and sound are showing up on the tv, however, I am getting an error message on the tv saying NO SIGNAL.
6 answers Last reply
More about samsung receiving signal hdmi cable
  1. Are you sure the resolution and frequency are matched to your tv's specs? It sounds like your pc is putting out a signal that is outside it range. The tv may be downconverting the image so that you can still view it, but the signal is still out of range.
  2. Not sure how to set the resolution on my PC...
    Any suggestions?
  3. Being that your tv has HDMI, I'm assuming it's a HDTV. Is your tv 720 or 1080? Those will correspond to 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Go to control panel/display settings to change the resolution or right-click an empty spot on the desktop and select properties. Then go to the settings tab.

Under advanced settings you may find options just for the tv.
  4. You may also need to use the function keys to change the output to hdmi. Most laptops should have a picture to say which key to hit.
  5. It turned out to be a bad/cheap HDMI cable. Tried a different/higher quality cable, and problem solved.
    Thanks for all the help guys!
  6. Glad you figured it out and got it working. Just so we don't go out and buy one of these cheap cables, can you tell us what brand it was? I usually get my cables from monoprice.com and have never had a bad one yet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration TV Cable HDMI Samsung Windows 7