Sign in with
Your question

Samsung tv not receiving pc signal HDMI CABLE

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2012 2:07:11 PM

Hello,
The problem I am having is I have connected my pc to my samsung tv... The image and sound are showing up on the tv, however, I am getting an error message on the tv saying NO SIGNAL.
a b x TV
a b Ô Samsung
a c 352 $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 4:34:59 PM

So the TV is actually working just fine, but you are seeing the No Signal message over the image? Do you have PIP active maybe and there is no signal in the PIP window?
m
l
a b Ô Samsung
a b $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 5:55:58 PM

Do you have the correct source selected for the port that the cable is connected to?
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 6:32:05 PM

I do have the correct source selected. Someone else suggested I adjust the resolution settings.
m
l
a b Ô Samsung
a b $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 6:44:15 PM

Have you tried a different source port? Where you able to change the resolution like was suggested?
It could be that the tv and computer video need to bre in sync so it may take changing the resolution and refesh rate to where the tv will recognize the signal.
m
l
a b x TV
a b Ô Samsung
a c 352 $ Windows 7
October 23, 2012 8:21:55 PM

MIKESIXX6 said:
I do have the correct source selected. Someone else suggested I adjust the resolution settings.

Do you have anything on the screen? You said that you get the image and sound on the TV, but get a no signal message? Did you mean you get the image on the computer monitor then and nothing on the TV?
m
l
October 23, 2012 8:59:20 PM

No, I am getting the picture on the TV screen as well as on my computer monitor. But the TV also gives an error message saying NO SIGNAL.
m
l
a b x TV
a b Ô Samsung
a c 352 $ Windows 7
October 24, 2012 1:51:14 PM

MIKESIXX6 said:
No, I am getting the picture on the TV screen as well as on my computer monitor. But the TV also gives an error message saying NO SIGNAL.

Did you check the PIP settings? Is the message in a box or over the screen? Dos the message go away?

If you have an image on the screen, it should not be showing you a no signal message.
Only place I can think that it would be from is if you have picture in picture on and that source does not have a signal.

You may need to contact the TV support people.
m
l
October 24, 2012 3:38:19 PM

It turned out to be a bad/cheap HDMI cable. Tried a different/higher quality cable, and problem solved.
Thanks for all the help guys!
m
l
a b Ô Samsung
a b $ Windows 7
October 24, 2012 3:44:11 PM

This same cable was working for the previous setup and once you got the new motherboard it now doesn't work? What are the chances.
m
l
!