Outlook Synchronization Problem w/ Tungsten T5

October 25, 2004 7:32:41 PM

I just got my T5 and am experiencing a problem sychronizing the data
in Outlook with the handheld. I cannot get the handheld and Outlook
to communicate. I have checked and rechecked the settings and
locations for my Outlook Folders in Hotsync, but still keep getting
the same errors:

Outlook Calendar
OLERR:11-0003 (0xca440201)
OLERR:03-0001
OLERR:0D-0004
OLERR:0D-0001
- Not Synchronized
Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
OLERR:06-0001
Outlook Contacts
OLERR:11-0003 (0xce640201)
OLERR:04-0002
OLERR:0D-0004
OLERR:0D-0001
- Not Synchronized
Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
OLERR:01-0001
Outlook Tasks
The selected source folder [Carl's Folders\Tasks] was not found in
Outlook. Synchronization will be performed with the default source
folder [Carl's Folders\Tasks].
OLERR:11-0003 (0xd6a40201)
OLERR:0E-0001
OLERR:0D-0004
OLERR:0D-0001
- Not Synchronized
Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
OLERR:0F-0001
Outlook Notes
The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the
logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.
OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
OLERR:0D-0003
OLERR:0D-0001
- Not Synchronized
OK Outlook Notes with 1 message(s)

I tried uninstalling the desktop software several times (including the
Palm one directory), and several hard resets on the handheld in an
attempt to clear and reinstall the Outlook conduit data. Nothing
seems to work. I also keep getting an error "Microsoft Outlook
Conduit - an unknown error has occured" from within Hotsync when I
try to view/change the Outlook Memo Settings from the Change Hotsync
Action page for Memos (Outlook). If have been unsuccessful in getting
any help or response from Palm One Tech support. Any assitance or
ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 4:34:18 AM

On 25 Oct 2004 15:32:41 -0700, Carl had this to say...

> OLERR:0D-0001
> - Not Synchronized
> Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

<http://www.palmone.com/us/support/tungstent5/&gt;
follow the link for Hotsync issues and Outlook Sync

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Carl, The problem seems to be a damaged or changed outlook.pst file
that messes up the Outlook conduits in HotSync Manager (or vice-versa
-- palmOne is working on the problem).

I solved it for me by renaming outlook.pst to outlook_hidden.pst (or
whatever), then re-opening Outlook. Outlook asked me whether to
create a new outlook.pst file, and I said yes. Then HotSync worked
fine again, without OLE errors. I simply imported my PIM data from
the old pst file to the new one, one folder at a time.

Others have talked about totally uninstalling Outlook as well as
making a new pst file.

Jim
!