Sound Max?

I think I deleted a program called SOund Max by mistake, and now I cannot
listen to music via Rhapsody etc... anyone know if this might be the
cause?
3 answers Last reply
More about sound

    it is
    peterk

    "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I think I deleted a program called SOund Max by mistake, and now I cannot
    > listen to music via Rhapsody etc... anyone know if this might be the
    > cause?

    thanks, now I have to figure out how to restore, the PC is a Dell and I got
    an error when I tried running rhapsody that said, " windows media licenses
    (WMDRM) are corupt on my pc. now I need to know how to "re install"???

    anyone??

    JB wrote:
    > I think I deleted a program called SOund Max by mistake, and now I
    > cannot listen to music via Rhapsody etc... anyone know if this
    > might be the cause?

    Considering it was likely your Sound Driver - yes.
    Download and install your sound driver again from the sound card
    manufacturer.

    You must know what sound card you have. Look on your receipt/invoice for
    the computer - ask the people you bought the system from, open it up and
    look, etc.

    There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have,
    but I think they all depend on a properly installed system - as I think they
    pull the information from the registry. Perhaps they do not - so I will
    recommend you try two different ones:

    EVEREST Home Edition
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

    Belarc Advisor
    http://belarc.com/free_download.html

    Once you know what you have, what next? Go get the latest driver for your
    hardware/OS from the manufacturer's web page. For example, let's say you
    have an NVidia chipset video card or ATI video card, perhaps a Creative
    Labs sound card or C-Media chipset sound card...

    NVidia Video Card Drivers

    ATI Video Card Drivers
    http://www.atitech.com/support/driver.html

    Creative Labs Sound Device