Photo thief on eBay should not have stolen photos

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2005 2:26:26 AM

I found out this morning that my server is being hijacked by someone using
my photo of a Bally Harlem Globetrotters. They stole photos of someone
else's machine as well and that person substituted awful photos of a
game--no backglass and a playfield rotting on the ground partially covered
by leaves. What great photos! The seller then remarks that they don't know
what happened to their photos and to ignore the bad ones. I replaced my
photo with a statement about what the person is doing, and suggesting that
they might be a thief.

The auction is at:

Enjoy!

--
Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com

LOL Read his new addition to the auction

On Jun-27-05 at 19:13:40 PDT, seller added the following information:

PLEASE IGNORE THE PHOTO THAT HAS SOMETHING UGLY AND DAMAGED, i HAVE NO
IDEA HOW IT GOT THERE. IM SORRY IF ITS GOING TO MISLEAD SOME OF YOU

I have an idea how it got there, photo thief!
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:26:27 AM

Thanks for the laugh, Daina! ;-)

Randy

"Daina Pettit" <daina@xmission.xmission.com> wrote in message
news:D 9siqi$h1v$1@news.xmission.com...
>I found out this morning that my server is being hijacked by someone using
> my photo of a Bally Harlem Globetrotters. They stole photos of someone
> else's machine as well and that person substituted awful photos of a
> game--no backglass and a playfield rotting on the ground partially covered
> by leaves. What great photos! The seller then remarks that they don't
> know
> what happened to their photos and to ignore the bad ones. I replaced my
> photo with a statement about what the person is doing, and suggesting that
> they might be a thief.
>
> The auction is at:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
> UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com
> Mr. Pinball Classified--More Pinball Ads than ANYWHERE, and they're FREE!
June 29, 2005 2:26:27 AM

Is the photo with the writing on it (saying that it is a stolen photo)
protected by some sort or program that doesn't allow the thief to see
the text until they post it on eBay. Obviously he did not realise it
was there when he copied the photo. Does anyone know what program is
used to do this?

Dave
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:26:27 AM

I live a few minutes from the listed location, and if this guy lives
in Bruceton Mills, and is active on ebay, my buddy will know him. I'll
check into it tomorrow. Daina, thanks for the laughs!!
Mark (CARGPB5)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:26:27 AM

Good stuff!
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:26:27 AM

put some raunchy porn on there instead and get his ebay account pulled
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:26:28 AM

He did not even have enough smarts to copy the pics, he just linked to
them, now he has no control over what the files named that he linked to,
actually are.

And then to compound his stupidity, he does not cancel the auction.

John!

Loosey wrote:
> Is the photo with the writing on it (saying that it is a stolen photo)
> protected by some sort or program that doesn't allow the thief to see
> the text until they post it on eBay. Obviously he did not realise it
> was there when he copied the photo. Does anyone know what program is
> used to do this?
>
> Dave

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:26:28 AM

Dave,

The file is hosted on Daina's server - the theif linked to Daina's server,
then Daina changed the file on the server

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Loosey" <kilara@geo.net.au> wrote in message
> Is the photo with the writing on it (saying that it is a stolen photo)
> protected by some sort or program that doesn't allow the thief to see
> the text until they post it on eBay. Obviously he did not realise it
> was there when he copied the photo. Does anyone know what program is
> used to do this?
>
> Dave

June 29, 2005 3:16:14 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:26:26 +0000 (UTC), daina@xmission.xmission.com
(Daina Pettit) wrote:

>I found out this morning that my server is being hijacked by someone using
>my photo of a Bally Harlem Globetrotters. They stole photos of someone
>else's machine as well and that person substituted awful photos of a
>game--no backglass and a playfield rotting on the ground partially covered
>by leaves. What great photos! The seller then remarks that they don't know
>what happened to their photos and to ignore the bad ones. I replaced my
>photo with a statement about what the person is doing, and suggesting that
>they might be a thief.
>
>The auction is at:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
>Enjoy!

LOL! That's a good one. You should keep messing with him by
substituting different pictures.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:57:52 AM

In article <d9siqi$h1v$1@news.xmission.com>,
Daina Pettit <daina@xmission.xmission.com> wrote:
>I found out this morning that my server is being hijacked by someone using
>my photo of a Bally Harlem Globetrotters. They stole photos of someone
>else's machine as well and that person substituted awful photos of a
>game--no backglass and a playfield rotting on the ground partially covered
>by leaves. What great photos! The seller then remarks that they don't know
>what happened to their photos and to ignore the bad ones. I replaced my
>photo with a statement about what the person is doing, and suggesting that
>they might be a thief.
>
>The auction is at:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
>Enjoy!

I have now put a rotating image in place. Every 20 minutes a new image
comes up. Right now there's only 3 images in the rotation, but I may add
more and rotate more frequently. The two new images are just text so it
looks like it's the seller's comments. This is too much fun.

I have investigated the other photos and they're all stolen. The other ones
are stolen from a Swiss website.

--
Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com
Mr. Pinball Classified--More Pinball Ads than ANYWHERE, and they're FREE!
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:57:53 AM

"Daina Pettit" <daina@xmission.xmission.com> wrote in message
news:D 9so60$kss$1@news.xmission.com...
> I have now put a rotating image in place. Every 20 minutes a new image
> comes up. Right now there's only 3 images in the rotation, but I may add
> more and rotate more frequently. The two new images are just text so it
> looks like it's the seller's comments. This is too much fun.

OMG that is hysterical! ;-)

"Please ignore the comments below that tell you to ignore the comments
above." I love it ;-)

Randy
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:52:29 AM

"Daina Pettit" <daina@xmission.xmission.com> wrote in message
news:D 9siqi$h1v$1@news.xmission.com...
> awful photos of a game--no backglass and a playfield rotting on the ground
partially covered
> by leaves. , and they're FREE!

Awful is right...it's damn awful what has become of that PLAYBOY machine!
:D
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:53:42 AM

Thanks John :)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 8:54:26 AM

In article <1120010631.453510.227970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Cayle George <caylegeorge@gmail.com> wrote:
>put some raunchy porn on there instead and get his ebay account pulled

I don't have any porn and I'm not about to go find any. Besides, this would
be bad for innocent people just looking at pinball auctions. My object here
is to spoil his auction for stealing photos and if he's a crook (doesn't
actually have a machine to sell) to foil his plans and prevent him from
ripping someone off.

I added a new photo in the rotation that is a slightly doctored copy of the
bottom of an auction web page. That way it looks like there's no photo of
mine at the bottom, because the photo is a copy of the bottom, with a large
white space beneath it. Also, the bid box is not clickable, so people won't
be able to bid unless they find the true bottom of the page. I also put the
current bid at $25.00 instead of the $250.00 that was there.

--
Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com
Mr. Pinball Classified--More Pinball Ads than ANYWHERE, and they're FREE!
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:01:00 AM

None of us really expect porn from Mr. Pinball. Your method is quite
effective without it.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

Daina Pettit wrote:
> In article <1120010631.453510.227970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> Cayle George <caylegeorge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>put some raunchy porn on there instead and get his ebay account pulled
>

> I don't have any porn and I'm not about to go find any. Besides, this would
> be bad for innocent people just looking at pinball auctions. My object here
> is to spoil his auction for stealing photos and if he's a crook (doesn't
> actually have a machine to sell) to foil his plans and prevent him from
> ripping someone off.
>
> I added a new photo in the rotation that is a slightly doctored copy of the
> bottom of an auction web page. That way it looks like there's no photo of
> mine at the bottom, because the photo is a copy of the bottom, with a large
> white space beneath it. Also, the bid box is not clickable, so people won't
> be able to bid unless they find the true bottom of the page. I also put the
> current bid at $25.00 instead of the $250.00 that was there.

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:00:24 PM

Agreed. And very funny! :)

I'll still never forget the "EM" Black Knight- that was classic....

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"bogart" <pinrestore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> None of us really expect porn from Mr. Pinball. Your method is quite
> effective without it.
>
> bogart
> www.pinrestore.com
>
> Daina Pettit wrote:
> > In article <1120010631.453510.227970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > Cayle George <caylegeorge@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>put some raunchy porn on there instead and get his ebay account pulled
> >

> > I don't have any porn and I'm not about to go find any. Besides, this
would
> > be bad for innocent people just looking at pinball auctions. My object
here
> > is to spoil his auction for stealing photos and if he's a crook (doesn't
> > actually have a machine to sell) to foil his plans and prevent him from
> > ripping someone off.
> >
> > I added a new photo in the rotation that is a slightly doctored copy of
the
> > bottom of an auction web page. That way it looks like there's no photo
of
> > mine at the bottom, because the photo is a copy of the bottom, with a
large
> > white space beneath it. Also, the bid box is not clickable, so people
won't
> > be able to bid unless they find the true bottom of the page. I also put
the
> > current bid at $25.00 instead of the $250.00 that was there.

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:56:31 AM

You are a genius! I love it when the crook gets the raw deal.

Mark Hooks

!