block yahoo messenger using windows xp sp2 firewall

August 14, 2005 2:50:02 AM

hi all,

i would like to know if there is any way to block yahoo messenger using
windows xp sp2 firewall or using any other method without using a third party
firewall software.

thanks in advance,
gk
August 14, 2005 5:03:01 AM

Hi,

Other than totally removing it, do some reading here and good luck:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=block+yahoo+messen...

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"gafoorgk" <gafoorgk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> i would like to know if there is any way to block yahoo messenger using
> windows xp sp2 firewall or using any other method without using a third
> party
> firewall software.
>
> thanks in advance,
> gk

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 1:55:53 PM

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:50:02 -0700, "gafoorgk"
<gafoorgk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi all,
>
> i would like to know if there is any way to block yahoo messenger using
>windows xp sp2 firewall or using any other method without using a third party
>firewall software.
>
>thanks in advance,
>gk

Why have it installed on your computer if you aren't going to use it?
And why block it, when you can just unistall it, and never have a
problem from it from then on.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that conversations may be kept in order
August 14, 2005 8:19:55 PM

Open the windows firewall, select the exceptions tab, uncheck yahoo
messenger.

"gafoorgk" <gafoorgk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> i would like to know if there is any way to block yahoo messenger using
> windows xp sp2 firewall or using any other method without using a third
> party
> firewall software.
>
> thanks in advance,
> gk

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 9:47:46 PM

In message <LaKLe.98$hF1.63@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com> "pcbutts1"
<pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote:

>Open the windows firewall, select the exceptions tab, uncheck yahoo
>messenger.

That will prevent some of Yahoo's features from working, but it won't
prevent Yahoo Messenger from connecting out and people from chatting.

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never
stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and