Needed: Head bolts

I spent some time this weekend tweaking my babies, and came to the
realization I rarely get the correct head bolts for my games, usaully
relying on one and another bolt of some kind with a washer. Anyone got some
spares they want to swap for ???? I could use 5-9.

Toddy
http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/

Just slap the latching fasteners on there. Makes moving the game much
easier and I kinda like the head movement when nudging the cab. You
can get them at marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/MODERN/Itemdesc.asp?ic=20%2D9347%2D1&eq=&Tp=

Are you serious? That's a recipe for death. *Please*, no one take
this advice. You can cause serious harm to your game, and more
importantly, to those playing it. Head bolts are a must. No
exceptions (although I've gotten machines with big metal braces screwed
all up and down the back, so I *guess* that would work in a pinch)

Modern Sterns don't have head bolts, just a big latch that closes with
a monster allen wrench. Guess they think that's secure enough... I
haven't had any problems, but I was surprised the first time I saw it.

h_h

Just go to the hardware store and buy some common 3/8-16 hex bolts 3"
long (preferably threaded fully).

DE and Sega used the same latching mechanisim. LTG :)

"heckheck" <jsurf@heckheck.com> wrote in message
> Modern Sterns don't have head bolts, just a big latch that closes with
> a monster allen wrench. Guess they think that's secure enough... I
> haven't had any problems, but I was surprised the first time I saw it.
>
> h_h

common since Data East invented that type of latch :) Not sure which
game it first came on but it's been with them ever since, all the way
from DE through Sega and into Stern. It IS a secure system. However,
Willams/Bally type backbox latches are NOT so secure and head bolts
should be used! The latch is intended only to hold the head up while the
bolts are installed.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

I like the secure feeling of them not rattling :)

<gixxerdude1000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Just slap the latching fasteners on there. Makes moving the game much
> easier and I kinda like the head movement when nudging the cab. You
> can get them at marco:
>
> http://www.marcospecialties.com/MODERN/Itemdesc.asp?ic=20%2D9347%2D1&eq=&Tp=

I assume you want these for WPC games? I have the large thumb screw
wing bolts. $2.50 each.