bill

I am planning to replace my four year old Inspiron 8000. The two systems I
am looking at are the 9300 and the XPS. Identically equipped the XPS is
$400 more and I cannot find _any_ information on Dell's Web site about
what the difference is. The only information I have found shows that they
use the same processors and chip sets and offer the same options with the
sole exception that the fastest processor on the 9300 is the 2 gHz and on
the XPS it is the 2.13 gHz, which seems like a meaningless difference.

Can anyone enlighten me?

--
_Bill_

Bill wrote:

> I am planning to replace my four year old Inspiron 8000. The two systems I
> am looking at are the 9300 and the XPS. Identically equipped the XPS is
> $400 more and I cannot find _any_ information on Dell's Web site about
> what the difference is. The only information I have found shows that they
> use the same processors and chip sets and offer the same options with the
> sole exception that the fastest processor on the 9300 is the 2 gHz and on
> the XPS it is the 2.13 gHz, which seems like a meaningless difference.

Doesn't purchasing an XPS system get you some type of "special" support?

Notan

> Bill wrote:
>>
>> I am planning to replace my four year old Inspiron 8000. The two systems
>> am looking at are the 9300 and the XPS. Identically equipped the XPS is
>> $400 more and I cannot find _any_ information on Dell's Web site about
>> what the difference is. The only information I have found shows that they
>> use the same processors and chip sets and offer the same options with the
>> sole exception that the fastest processor on the 9300 is the 2 gHz and on
>> the XPS it is the 2.13 gHz, which seems like a meaningless difference.
>
> Doesn't purchasing an XPS system get you some type of "special" support?

Yes. Dell says:
"Dedicated XPS Phone Support
Specially trained reps who know the latest technology are available at the
dedicated XPS support call-in number to help XPS customers."
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_xps2?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=featurestab#tabtop

keith

The word Dell and Support are contradictory words!