corupt Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm)

2nd post to try and figure this out.
spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues of why I
am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc are corupt"

and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still get
the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use Rhapsody w/o
getting the error?

i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?

anyone?
4 answers Last reply
More about corupt windows media licenses wmdrm

    Soundmax is the name of your audio driver. You probably have an Asus
    motherboard with onboard Audio, right? If it's indeed Asus, go to
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us and enter your
    motherboard type. Then proceed to download the audio driver. Install it and
    you should be good.

    A simpler solution may just be; inserting your motherboard CD and
    reinstalling the audio drivers from there.

    JB wrote:
    > 2nd post to try and figure this out.
    > spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues
    > of why I am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc
    > are corupt"
    >
    > and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still
    > get the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use
    > Rhapsody w/o getting the error?
    >
    > i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
    > restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?
    >
    > anyone?

    Don't Deal with any media and progs that are DRMed.

    Copy-protection will eventually "protect" your copies of copyrighted
    material from you.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    This article has some solutions...
    FIX: Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 may not work correctly after you upgrade to
    Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884373

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/

    > JB wrote:
    >> 2nd post to try and figure this out.
    >> spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues
    >> of why I am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc
    >> are corupt"
    >>
    >> and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still
    >> get the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use
    >> Rhapsody w/o getting the error?
    >>
    >> i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
    >> restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?
    >>
    >> anyone?
    >
    > Don't Deal with any media and progs that are DRMed.
    >
    > Copy-protection will eventually "protect" your copies of copyrighted
    > material from you.

    I know someone who has already encountered this. He used some bit of Sony
    gear to record his band, then he wanted to make mp3s to pass it around, and
    he got a message saying he didn't have the right to do it!

Microsoft Media Player Windows XP