JB

2nd post to try and figure this out.
spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues of why I
am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc are corupt"

and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still get
the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use Rhapsody w/o
getting the error?

i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?

anyone?

DB

Soundmax is the name of your audio driver. You probably have an Asus
motherboard with onboard Audio, right? If it's indeed Asus, go to
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us and enter your
motherboard type. Then proceed to download the audio driver. Install it and
you should be good.

A simpler solution may just be; inserting your motherboard CD and
reinstalling the audio drivers from there.

JB wrote:
> 2nd post to try and figure this out.
> spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues
> of why I am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc
> are corupt"
>
> and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still
> get the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use
> Rhapsody w/o getting the error?
>
> i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
> restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?
>
> anyone?

Don't Deal with any media and progs that are DRMed.

Copy-protection will eventually "protect" your copies of copyrighted
material from you.

--
Peace!
Kurt

This article has some solutions...
FIX: Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 may not work correctly after you upgrade to
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884373

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 2nd post to try and figure this out.
> spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues of why I
> am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc are corupt"
>
> and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still get
> the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use Rhapsody w/o
> getting the error?
>
> i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
> restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?
>
> anyone?

ms

> JB wrote:
>> 2nd post to try and figure this out.
>> spoke to three levels of tech support at Dell to figuure out issues
>> of why I am getting error, "Windows Media Licenses (wmdrm) on your pc
>> are corupt"
>>
>> and have downloaded win media player v10.0 to get licesnes, yet still
>> get the error. can play windows media player, but cannot use
>> Rhapsody w/o getting the error?
>>
>> i apparently deleted "sound max" by mistake earlier, and even tried a
>> restore to previous point and the error keeps coming up?
>>
>> anyone?
>
> Don't Deal with any media and progs that are DRMed.
>
> Copy-protection will eventually "protect" your copies of copyrighted
> material from you.

I know someone who has already encountered this. He used some bit of Sony
gear to record his band, then he wanted to make mp3s to pass it around, and
he got a message saying he didn't have the right to do it!