Samsung B2230 Reviews

warriorlk

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I'm trying to buy a LCD for my home computer where i would be using more with PC games and movies. I have found the Samsung B2230 model and i would like to know if any one familiar with this model and had any problems with it.

Please let me know if u guys know anything about this model.

Thanks,

Imal.

G

I've been using this monitor for 3-4 months now and haven't had any problems with it. Quite happy with it and i'm planing to buy another one.
If I had any complains, it would be the buttons which aren't backlit, so can be a little frustrating when using them in the dark. But I haven used the since the day I setup the monitor and also you can use software for it so it's no biggie.
This is my 1st LCD so I may not be the best guy to talk about the image quality. But I have no complaints. It's great for movies and games. I'm pretty happy with it.

warriorlk

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I've been using this monitor for 3-4 months now and haven't had any problems with it. Quite happy with it and i'm planing to buy another one.
If I had any complains, it would be the buttons which aren't backlit, so can be a little frustrating when using them in the dark. But I haven used the since the day I setup the monitor and also you can use software for it so it's no biggie.
This is my 1st LCD so I may not be the best guy to talk about the image quality. But I have no complaints. It's great for movies and games. I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks for the info Dragfreeze..... i now own a Samsung 2233SW Plus and it's working really good. Again thanks for you info........... :)

apacheman

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

Hi warrior...I am stuck between these two monitors which you've mentioned, infact I've gone to the store a couple of times and stared down both of these screens. Both look equally good with the 2233SW being a bit more elegant and stylish than the B2230, but B2230 is a bit slimmer than 2233SW.
I'd like to know which one you would rate higher and why have you chosen 2233SW. please do let me know your opinion. I'm planning to buy one this week. I am also clinched upon this P2250, which looks equally impressive and classy with sharp glass edges, which one would you suggest? or anyone for that matter...

warriorlk

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hi apacheman....... well i recently had a chance to use a B2230 (for couple of minutes :) ) and it seems it is really good than 2233SW Plus. The contrast ratio is 70,000:1 comparable to 50,000:1 in 2233SW Plus. Also B2230 comes with some advance features like HDCP.

So I guess B2230 is a smarter choice than 2233SW Plus.

Speaking about P2250, as I see the only advantage in this model is the response time (2ms) against 5ms in 2233SW Plus and B2230. But I guess for a normal user this feature is not that important.

Hope this will help you in some way to make up your mind........... :)