How can I make the safely remove hardware icon go away?

August 14, 2005 5:27:02 AM

And don't tell me to "hide" it. I don't want the arrow there, I want the damn
thing gone (I have an internal cardreader and it keeps displaying the icon
because of that).

Anyone know how?
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 4:42:09 PM

You can't remove it. All you can do is always hide it. Or unplug
everything from the USB ports.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BE27F1B8-E9EB-4EFB-8E1D-4C664D96F33B@microsoft.com,
DB <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> And don't tell me to "hide" it. I don't want the arrow there, I want the
> damn thing gone (I have an internal cardreader and it keeps displaying
> the icon because of that).
>
> Anyone know how?
August 14, 2005 11:09:11 PM

Try tweek ui from microsoft