Sign in with
Your question

Zeos 386 portable

November 16, 2012 9:04:09 PM

Hi Folks: This is my first time here. I'm looking for some information on my vintage Zeos 386SX (Model MAT 386SX) Portable computer. I's the plug in one (no laptop batteries) where the display folds down over the keyboard. I bought it about 15 years ago on a kick. I'm wondering how much it's worth? It has been setting idle most of the time and hasn't worked for the last couple of years and I would like to get it going again. It hasn't been damaged, or dropped. When I turn it on the display stays blank although the fan runs and the hard drive makes noise. I measured the +5V and +12V and they seem OK. The only test equipment I have is an old Knight kit analogue meter. Most of the circuit board is covered with the power supply, hard drive, and 3.5" floppy drive. I have an engineering background but can't remember much after being retired for 9 years especially about these old computers. Does this computer have a battery to keep the setup information in memory. Where is it located and is it easy to replace. It would seem that it would be dead after all this time and likely the problem. Then, how to enter the setup information? Anything else?

Any information or suggestions greatly appreciated. John

More about : zeos 386 portable

!