connect palm to new PC

October 25, 2004 9:06:05 PM

Have a problem with connection from palm to new PC.
My old PC is deffect and I lost my data on the old computer.
The data on my tungsten E is now important for me and the only that
data what i have. So I have tried to transfer data from de Palm to
the new PC.
But The palm can't see the PC. The Palm expect a other computer name.
I have changed the name of the new computer in the Palm. but in the
palm is also a computer number like 192.168.24.10 but Í can't find in
windows XP a number like that.
My main problem is not loosing the data on the Palm .
Please give a suggestion to solf this problem

More about : connect palm

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 6:07:25 AM

"Rob" <rob@salomonson.nl> wrote in message
> Have a problem with connection from palm to new PC.
> My old PC is deffect and I lost my data on the old computer.
> The data on my tungsten E is now important for me and the only that
> data what i have. So I have tried to transfer data from de Palm to
> the new PC.
> But The palm can't see the PC. The Palm expect a other computer name.
> I have changed the name of the new computer in the Palm. but in the
> palm is also a computer number like 192.168.24.10 but Í can't find in
> windows XP a number like that.
> My main problem is not loosing the data on the Palm .
> Please give a suggestion to solf this problem

It sounds like you are using a Network connection to synch the Palm to the
PC. You might try direct connecting the USB cable and set Hotsync to the
Cable/Cradle option.

TC
!