DNS problems with MN-500

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I see a problem with the MN-500 where a DNS query will fail the first time,
then succeed the second time. I see this problem in IE, or using the PING
command line. I am using firmware V1.11.017, and have tried resetting the
base station without success.

Be default, the DHCP configuration handed out by the base station assigns
the DNS server to itself. I am assuming this is to do some DNS caching. If
I manually configure my client to use the DNS servers of by ISP, the problem
goes away.

Is there a way to:
1. Have the base station hand out the DNS servers of my ISP so I do not
have to manually configure by clients with static IP's and DNS servers?
2. Have the base station give out a secondary DNS server that points
directly to my ISP's primary DNS server?

Thanks.

joker

Depending on the version of Windows you should be able to configure the
DNS servers on them to use your ISP's DNS servers.