frequently used programs have disappeared

I am reposting a question i asked previously with the response from another
user

Hi
I'm using SP2 now, although the problem occured before I upgraded. Basically
the frequently used program shortcuts on the Start menu have disappeared.
This has only occured in my profile; all other profiles still display the
shortcuts. I think it happened after uninstalling a program but not sure.

"jerryrock" wrote:

Right click on the taskbar go to properties, click on the start menu tab and
then the customize button. You can add or remove program icons there.

> "tataaero" wrote:

Thanks but that is not really the problem. That only allows you to specify
the number of programs that gets displayed whereas I can not see any programs
at all, except internet explorer and outlook express which have their own
boxes in the properties menu. Any other ideas??

Right click 'Start' button -- Properties -- 'Start Menu' tab -- 'Customize'
button -- 'General' tab. See if 'Number of programs in Start menu' is set to
0. Verify also the settings on 'Advanced' tab here.

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)