Trouble running new programs connecting to internett

Hi,
After re-installing MS XP Proff, and all MS Updates, I'm having trouble when
installing other programs, who like to update through internet.
Expl: Lavasoft AD-AWARE needs to get connection to internet for updated def
file. System the hang, does not respond to anything. Must reset PC, ON/OFF.
Tried Regclean, this has sorted out some problems, but I think I need deeper
cleaning.
I need ASAP answers, since I'm running business.
Any good tools, to get problems fixed/analysed?
Thanks!

--
Best regards
RLM

Regclean after a re-install ? That's not an appropriate troubleshooting
tool.

If the computer "Hangs" then something is not configured properly or you've
got system level issues (Drivers). Abrupt power offs (Not a Reset) can &
will cause XP to not flush data to the drive. This will likely cause the
drive
to be marked "Dirty" and need a Chkdsk to restore integrity.

If this was a "Fresh" install - did you update your Motherboard Chipset
drivers ? & have you installed all the Critical Windows Updates to the PC ?
I don't think your system requires "Cleaning", but proper configuration &
updating should resolve the problems.

"Rune L Meyer" <RuneLMeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> After re-installing MS XP Proff, and all MS Updates, I'm having trouble
> when
> installing other programs, who like to update through internet.
> Expl: Lavasoft AD-AWARE needs to get connection to internet for updated
> def
> file. System the hang, does not respond to anything. Must reset PC,
> ON/OFF.
> Tried Regclean, this has sorted out some problems, but I think I need
> deeper
> cleaning.
> I need ASAP answers, since I'm running business.
> Any good tools, to get problems fixed/analysed?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Best regards
> RLM

Hi,
Yes, I've done ALL updates, re-set computer each new installation. Updated
Symantec, Virus & Internet.
Tested the system with chkdsk = NOT DIRTY.
Still, it doesn't log onto internett, when looking for updated def files for
AD-WARE SE f.ex
Is there any tool, I can run from win?
Thanks!
--
Best regards
RLM

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> Regclean after a re-install ? That's not an appropriate troubleshooting
> tool.
>
> If the computer "Hangs" then something is not configured properly or you've
> got system level issues (Drivers). Abrupt power offs (Not a Reset) can &
> will cause XP to not flush data to the drive. This will likely cause the
> drive
> to be marked "Dirty" and need a Chkdsk to restore integrity.
>
> If this was a "Fresh" install - did you update your Motherboard Chipset
> drivers ? & have you installed all the Critical Windows Updates to the PC ?
> I don't think your system requires "Cleaning", but proper configuration &
> updating should resolve the problems.
>
> "Rune L Meyer" <RuneLMeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > After re-installing MS XP Proff, and all MS Updates, I'm having trouble
> > when
> > installing other programs, who like to update through internet.
> > Expl: Lavasoft AD-AWARE needs to get connection to internet for updated
> > def
> > file. System the hang, does not respond to anything. Must reset PC,
> > ON/OFF.
> > Tried Regclean, this has sorted out some problems, but I think I need
> > deeper
> > cleaning.
> > I need ASAP answers, since I'm running business.
> > Any good tools, to get problems fixed/analysed?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Best regards
> > RLM

For now, I would download the latest Defs package directly.
Available here:
http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip
Just unzip the module to obtain the .Ref file and copy and paste
it into the AdAware folder in Program Files.

If I read your response correctly - you're using NIS ? have
checked that your Live Update is the latest version. Many
times Live Update won't update Live Update. The latest version
of it is available at: (2.7.34)
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/lu/lu.html
After updating Live Update (if necessary) you'll need to run
LU repetitively until all updates are applied.

"Rune L Meyer" <runelisethmeyer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Yes, I've done ALL updates, re-set computer each new installation. Updated
> Symantec, Virus & Internet.
> Tested the system with chkdsk = NOT DIRTY.
> Still, it doesn't log onto internett, when looking for updated def files
> for
> AD-WARE SE f.ex
> Is there any tool, I can run from win?
> Thanks!
> --
> Best regards
> RLM
>

> "R. McCarty" wrote:
>
>> Regclean after a re-install ? That's not an appropriate troubleshooting
>> tool.
>>
>> If the computer "Hangs" then something is not configured properly or
>> you've
>> got system level issues (Drivers). Abrupt power offs (Not a Reset) can &
>> will cause XP to not flush data to the drive. This will likely cause the
>> drive
>> to be marked "Dirty" and need a Chkdsk to restore integrity.
>>
>> If this was a "Fresh" install - did you update your Motherboard Chipset
>> drivers ? & have you installed all the Critical Windows Updates to the PC
>> ?
>> I don't think your system requires "Cleaning", but proper configuration &
>> updating should resolve the problems.
>>
>> "Rune L Meyer" <RuneLMeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > After re-installing MS XP Proff, and all MS Updates, I'm having trouble
>> > when
>> > installing other programs, who like to update through internet.
>> > Expl: Lavasoft AD-AWARE needs to get connection to internet for updated
>> > def
>> > file. System the hang, does not respond to anything. Must reset PC,
>> > ON/OFF.
>> > Tried Regclean, this has sorted out some problems, but I think I need
>> > deeper
>> > cleaning.
>> > I need ASAP answers, since I'm running business.
>> > Any good tools, to get problems fixed/analysed?
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Best regards
>> > RLM

Have you tried an online virus scan?

Did you wipe the partition and install or did you install over the top of
the previous installation?
--
Ron Sommer