Video Card Selection with the 2005fpw Monitor

Andy

Hi all I just ordered a Dell outlet, XPS Gen 4 with lots of toys. One
question if I could of all of you I noticed the video card that was
with the system is a 256MB PCI Express x16 Ati Radeon x800 xt card.
What my question is will the card work ok with the 2005 fpw monitor
that I also ordered from the Outlet store. I have been looking for
answers on the dell website and called a couple of salespeople and
customer support people. What I have come up with so far is that its a
card that should support the monitor with a driver update. What Im
wondering will it support the 1680x1050 in both DVI and analog modes...

Sure. Great card

Andy wrote:
> Hi all I just ordered a Dell outlet, XPS Gen 4 with lots of toys. One
> question if I could of all of you I noticed the video card that was
> with the system is a 256MB PCI Express x16 Ati Radeon x800 xt card.
> What my question is will the card work ok with the 2005 fpw monitor
> that I also ordered from the Outlet store. I have been looking for
> answers on the dell website and called a couple of salespeople and
> customer support people. What I have come up with so far is that its a
> card that should support the monitor with a driver update. What Im
> wondering will it support the 1680x1050 in both DVI and analog modes...

Almost any modern card ought to work; my friend has that monitor with a
Matrox P650 and it looks great (in both Windows & Linux). I hope to
pick one up in the near future.

Andy

Hi and thanks first of all, I guess what my concern is if you look at
the specs for the card if supports up to 1600x1200 in DVI but no
further and obviously those numbers do not fit the fact that the
monitors native resolution is 168x1050. I know it would support it in
analog mode, my concern is about DVI mode...Thanks very much for the
input....Andy

I'd be absolutely shocked if it didn't support it through DVI. It's an
usual resolution so likely just not listed on the site.

Heck, my Radeon 9800 Pro goes to 3200 x 1600 on DVI.

Tom