Dell and Samsung

Guys
I have a Dell 4600 and I am using a Samsung ML 5050g printer. I currently
run XP SP2 and as Samsung have not released XP drivers for this printer,
each time I boot up, I keep on getting "new hardware found".

How can I get XP to recognise the Samsung and prevent this daily pop-up.

I have tried installing W2K driver but with no avail.

Regards

ShiftZZ

"ShiftZZ" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
| Guys
| I have a Dell 4600 and I am using a Samsung ML 5050g printer. I currently
| run XP SP2 and as Samsung have not released XP drivers for this printer,
| each time I boot up, I keep on getting "new hardware found".
|
| How can I get XP to recognise the Samsung and prevent this daily pop-up.
|
| I have tried installing W2K driver but with no avail.
|
| Regards
|
| ShiftZZ

The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
the Computer;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q298370

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

ShiftZZ,
A Google search reveals that there is a driver for this Printer and Win XP
at:

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=28439

You will need to register at the website.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>