Hi, I'm hoping to get some help. My computer has taken to scrolling all by
itself. For example, when I'm in a web page and put the cursor near the
bottom of the page it automatically scolls down. It does the same thing in
Word documents and in any lists (like a file list in My Documents). It's
very frustrating. I don't recall turning a setting on that would cause this.
Please help!

What a mouse you use? Have you installed the specific driver for it?

If your mouse uses the specific (not generic XP) driver, then open Control
Panel -- Mouse, and see if there is a switchable advanced option with this
behavior.

--
Mikhail Zhilin
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 05:18:02 -0700, tenxoz <tenxoz@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi, I'm hoping to get some help. My computer has taken to scrolling all by
>itself. For example, when I'm in a web page and put the cursor near the
>bottom of the page it automatically scolls down. It does the same thing in
>Word documents and in any lists (like a file list in My Documents). It's
>very frustrating. I don't recall turning a setting on that would cause this.
> Please help!

Thanks for replying. I use an A4 Tech cordless mouse but the driver is
Microsoft, dated 07/01/2001. I wasn't able to see any settings that would
cause this except an option on the wheel movements , 3 lines at a time or a
page at a time. Changing this made no difference