Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What could i trade this for... ?

Last response: in Computer Brands
July 11, 2012 1:27:59 AM

What do you guys think i could trade my OptiPlex GX620 Mini Tower, laptop wise?

Pent D

3.4GHz

4.0GB of RAM
Windows7 Enterprise

More about : trade

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 12, 2012 5:03:26 PM

I think you could trade it for a laptop cooler perhaps. Seriously, I bought a Pentium D machine for $69 4 months ago - gave it to a friend.
m
l
July 13, 2012 2:24:39 AM

Haha, great answer. Basically these PC's are worthless. :/ 
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 13, 2012 8:27:29 AM

ates, I'm afraid some folks around here are rather dismissive of anything that's older than six weeks and overclocked to the point of meltdown. What may be worthless to them is someone's lifesaving PC if they can't afford something better so either hang on to it and use it to back up everything on your laptop once a week or hand it in to a charity shop which can find a decent home for it.

No disrespect intended to c12friedman but his Member Configuration says more than I can. :D  In the real world in the middle of a slump, a Pentium D still has a long and useful life ahead of it, if not a huge monetary value.

m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 13, 2012 4:06:51 PM

Saga Lout said:

ates, I'm afraid some folks around here are rather dismissive of anything that's older than six weeks and overclocked to the point of meltdown. What may be worthless to them is someone's lifesaving PC if they can't afford something better so either hang on to it and use it to back up everything on your laptop once a week or hand it in to a charity shop which can find a decent home for it.

No disrespect intended to c12friedman but his Member Configuration says more than I can. :D  In the real world in the middle of a slump, a Pentium D still has a long and useful life ahead of it, if not a huge monetary value.

No disrespect taken. I happen to agree that keeping it is a great option but I think you're missing the question. The question isn't the computer's value as a machine but as a trade for (or toward) a laptop. Like I said, I purchased one of those not too long ago, I am aware of it's monetary and usage value. If you are aware of anyone wanting to trade their laptop for his mini-tower, I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

m
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 13, 2012 6:10:05 PM

I have the very thing here - a six inch thick Compaq, circa 1996. :D 

In the UK we have a 21st Century pawnbroker called Cash Converters and they might do something with the old tower against a modest laptop. I assume the US has similar traders and I suppose they're the only people who can give ates a definitive answer to his question.

a b D Laptop
a c 395 $ Windows 7
July 13, 2012 6:20:24 PM

I sold one to my sisters friend for $50.00 , it had vista on it.It had a pentium d 945 in it.
m
l
July 15, 2012 4:10:07 AM

Haha thanks guys. I appreciate that though.

I think i'll keep it, simply because it runs like a beast.

But i also think i might build a custom box, maybe out of wood for my minitower components with a removable side-mounted monitor. :D 
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:27:10 PM

Best answer selected by ates.
m
l
!