Anyone got the Ohci1394.sys hotfix? (27-Sep-04)

Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
e-mail me the following hotfix:

27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys

This is as described at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464

*** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to worry
***

Thanks in advance!
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

You should not accept that hotfix from anything other than the correct
source. Others could be modified by someone unknown to you, and be
detrimental to your system. Hotfix's have to be called for because they are
not appropriate for all systems and are not fully tested.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
> Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
> e-mail me the following hotfix:
>
> 27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys
>
> This is as described at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464
>
> *** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to
> worry ***
>
> Thanks in advance!
> --
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

CJSnet wrote:

> Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
> e-mail me the following hotfix:
>
> 27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys
>
> This is as described at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464
>
> *** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to worry
> ***
>
> Thanks in advance!

Courtesy Kelly Theriot, MVP
Call Microsoft Professional Customer Service @ 1-800-936-4900 (this line is
24/7), there is an option for hotfix. A rep will email you a link to the
fix.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

CJSnet

You should find it here

support.microsoft.com/default. aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;819111

--
Uncle john

Thanks. Have just been trying to find where to request it, but there seems
to be no e-mail contact point for MS for WinXP MCE 2005. Their support site
just tells me I have to either pay for support or go to a newsgroup. Great!

Any ideas if there's an address I can e-mail?
--
Thanks.

> You should not accept that hotfix from anything other than the correct
> source. Others could be modified by someone unknown to you, and be
> detrimental to your system. Hotfix's have to be called for because they
> are not appropriate for all systems and are not fully tested.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
>> Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
>> e-mail me the following hotfix:
>>
>> 27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys
>>
>> This is as described at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464
>>
>> *** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to
>> worry ***
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> --
>> CJSnet
>>
>> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

The Requested Web Page is Not Available?
--

"Uncle John" <unclejohn@uselesnospam.com> wrote in message
> CJSnet
>
> You should find it here
>
> support.microsoft.com/default. aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;819111
>
> --
> Uncle john

Hi, thanks but first that's the wrong file version of Ohci (look at my post)
and second there's no actual download link, just the same problem I had with
having to get it off MS (look at my post).

To sum up, look at my post :p
--
Thanks.

CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

"Uncle John" <unclejohn@uselesnospam.com> wrote in message
> CJSnet
>
> You should find it here
>
> support.microsoft.com/default. aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;819111
>
> --
> Uncle john

Thanks. Have just been trying to find where to request it, but there seems
to be no e-mail contact point for MS for WinXP MCE 2005. Their support site
just tells me I have to either pay for support or go to a newsgroup. Great!

Any ideas if there's an address I can e-mail?
--
Thanks.

CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

> You should not accept that hotfix from anything other than the correct
> source. Others could be modified by someone unknown to you, and be
> detrimental to your system. Hotfix's have to be called for because they
> are not appropriate for all systems and are not fully tested.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
>> Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
>> e-mail me the following hotfix:
>>
>> 27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys
>>
>> This is as described at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464
>>
>> *** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to
>> worry ***
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> --
>> CJSnet
>>
>> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Hi,

There are no support charges when you call and ask for a hotfix by name.
Just don't ask for any other assistance, just the file as mentioned in
hotfix article 885464.

--

> Thanks. Have just been trying to find where to request it, but there
> seems
> to be no e-mail contact point for MS for WinXP MCE 2005. Their support
> site
> just tells me I have to either pay for support or go to a newsgroup.
> Great!
>
> Any ideas if there's an address I can e-mail?
> --
> Thanks.
>
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

>> You should not accept that hotfix from anything other than the correct
>> source. Others could be modified by someone unknown to you, and be
>> detrimental to your system. Hotfix's have to be called for because they
>> are not appropriate for all systems and are not fully tested.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "CJSnet" <usenet@TEETHthe-simpson.tv> wrote in message
>>> Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
>>> e-mail me the following hotfix:
>>>
>>> 27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys
>>>
>>> This is as described at
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464
>>>
>>> *** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to
>>> worry ***
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> --
>>> CJSnet
>>>
>>> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Took some time and some 'please call back' messages but got the file in the
end and seems to have resolved the issue with my Firewire backup drive.
--

"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> CJSnet wrote:
>
>> Hi, whilst I wait for a reply from Microsoft, perhaps someone here can
>> e-mail me the following hotfix:
>>
>> 27-Sep-2004 22:19 5.1.2600.2524 61,056 Ohci1394.sys
>>
>> This is as described at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885464
>>
>> *** If you e-mail it please post here to say so, so others know not to
>> worry ***
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>
> Courtesy Kelly Theriot, MVP
> Call Microsoft Professional Customer Service @ 1-800-936-4900 (this line
> is
> 24/7), there is an option for hotfix. A rep will email you a link to the
> fix.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

CJSnet wrote:

> Took some time and some 'please call back' messages but got the file in the
> end and seems to have resolved the issue with my Firewire backup drive.

You're welcome.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

> CJSnet wrote:
>
>> Took some time and some 'please call back' messages but got the file in
>> the end and seems to have resolved the issue with my Firewire backup
>> drive.
>
> You're welcome.

You saw that I also said "Thanks" right?! : D

> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

CJSnet wrote:
> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
>
>>CJSnet wrote:
>>

>>>Took some time and some 'please call back' messages but got the file in
>>>the end and seems to have resolved the issue with my Firewire backup
>>>drive.
>>
>>You're welcome.
>

> You saw that I also said "Thanks" right?! : D
>

>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Yes I did - it was in your sig which didn't get copied in my reply.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User