bill

When I drag files to my CD burner and try to burn them by right
clicking the driver and choosing Write These Files To CD the wizard
always says there is no disc in the drive. I have no problem burning
with Nero 6 or other burning programs that I use. The IMAPI CD-Burning
COM Service is running. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 9300 running XP
Pro SP2 with a NEC DVD +-RW ND6500A drive. Any suggestions?

--
..Bill.

Bill wrote:
> When I drag files to my CD burner and try to burn them by right
> clicking the driver and choosing Write These Files To CD the wizard
> always says there is no disc in the drive. I have no problem burning
> with Nero 6 or other burning programs that I use. The IMAPI CD-Burning
> COM Service is running. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 9300 running
> XP Pro SP2 with a NEC DVD +-RW ND6500A drive. Any suggestions?

What type of CD are you inserting?

The built in XP CD burning module will not write to a CD-RW disc. You need packet writing for this capability. Nero uses the IN-CD program to accomplish this.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

bill

I have tried both a CD-R and a CD-RW. I do not have In CD installed and
write CD-RW discs frequently with Nero Burning ROM.

--
..Bill.

bill

By the way, my understanding is that the Windows XP burining capability
supports CD only and not DVD. Is that correct?

--
..Bill.

MrB

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

If you look at properties for the drive in My Computer, under recording, is
there a check in the box that enables recording on the drive?

"Bill" <no@no.com> wrote in message
> When I drag files to my CD burner and try to burn them by right
> clicking the driver and choosing Write These Files To CD the wizard
> always says there is no disc in the drive. I have no problem burning
> with Nero 6 or other burning programs that I use. The IMAPI CD-Burning
> COM Service is running. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 9300 running XP
> Pro SP2 with a NEC DVD +-RW ND6500A drive. Any suggestions?
>
> --
> .Bill.

bill

Yes, the box is checked.

--
..Bill.

"MrB" <brooksro@REMOVEALLCAPSadelphia.net>

> If you look at properties for the drive in My Computer,
> under recording, is there a check in the box that enables
> recording on the drive?

Doh! Trying to resolve a problem similar to the one the OP
asked I took your advice and found the box unchecked. How
could that have happened? I'm sure I didn't uncheck it and
no one else has access to this computer.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Andre

From my experience - uncheck it (enabler recording), close dialog, reopen
properties and check it. Works on my Dell. FWIW