Tech: How many shots to save Damsel

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but here goes:

My recollection is that it takes three right ramp shots at the dragon
to tnen be able to save the damsel on the next (4th) shot.

I think I am experiencing a switch issue, because I shoot the right
ramp, "hear" and see the dragon roar, but it seems to take 6 or 7+
shots to then get save the damsel.

Does this sound like the 2nd sitch in at the ramp isn't registering?
What could cause this?

What gives?

BRETT B

<My recollection is that it takes three right ramp shots at the dragon
to tnen be able to save the damsel on the next (4th) shot.>

Yep, you're exactly right.

<I think I am experiencing a switch issue, because I shoot the right
ramp, "hear" and see the dragon roar, but it seems to take 6 or 7+
shots to then get save the damsel.
Does this sound like the 2nd sitch in at the ramp isn't registering?
What could cause this?>

Exactly, it's your second cherry switch. Over time, the cherry switch
gets warn and inconsistant. In fact, my dragon switch is due for
replacement & rarely registers. It's the second switch, however, that
registers the completed ramp shots.

Look in your manual, find the part number, and replace that second
switch. Marco carried them about a month ago.

Ben

do a switch test. if they work, you may have to adjust one. use the
ball when testing by throwing it up the ramp like it would in gameplay.

it sounds to me like the top one may have settled back or is loose.
readjust it.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Yup, that sounds like the problem.

As you play the game, you should hear two
sound cues for the ramp shot. The second cue is the dragon
growl, and if you don't hear that with every completely ramp
shot, the second switch is not activiating. First try adjusting
it (using a ball to trigger it, not your finger) and if it still fails,
it's time for a new switch.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/