Sign in with
Your question

0x7e "System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled", please help?

Last response: in Windows 7
October 24, 2012 1:27:25 AM

Hi there, I've recently been getting BSOD every day at around the same time (not sure if this makes a difference)
Every day, the BSOD looks like this:

The usual stuff at the top, and then the technical information

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

*** STOP 0x0000007E

*** stdriver64.sys

Will someone please help me with this situation? For such a long time I've been trying to keep my computer secure and now I got these error messages for the past 2 days.

Thank you very much.
a b $ Windows 7
October 24, 2012 3:05:02 AM

This problem is probably caused by your Realtek audio driver. Try seeing if there is any update for this driver. If there is not a update for this drive, try deleting it in device manager and reinstalling it. If the driver has been updated try rolling it back or do a system restore to a time before this problem started.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 24, 2012 3:37:59 PM

Well, either driver or RAM. Use memtest86+ to validate the RAM, then report back.
m
l
Related resources
October 24, 2012 10:29:04 PM

0 Errors on Memtest, and I did a Windows Update on all my drivers.

Any other suggestions?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 24, 2012 11:10:46 PM

Quote:
0 Errors on Memtest, and I did a Windows Update on all my drivers.

It is often a bad idea to use Windows update to update your drivers as often the update can break the driver, if the driver is working without any problems then it is better to not update it. Which brings me back to my original suggestion of rolling back the sound driver or doing a system restore.
m
l
October 24, 2012 11:19:53 PM

How do you suggest I do that? Do you have a link of a new update to Realtek HD Audio Manager?

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2012 3:07:25 AM

Quote:
Do you have a link of a new update to Realtek HD Audio Manager?

You should go to your motherboards manufacture web site and find the drivers for your motherboard. If there has been any update to the driver it will be there.
m
l
!