Hi group,
I have an HP pavillion a350y which had an ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard.

Something went wrong with the motherboard, and i replaced it with this
one Asus P4P800VM.

All worked well, except that the CPU fan used to be so quite and now it
started making noise after switching the motherboard.
Does anyone know why is that?
is there some kind of setting i need to change to get rid of the noise?
or did i screw up the fan while installation?

any information is greatly appreciated.

thanks
anonc

Dust? Dirt? Fan not firmly attached, causing vibration (noise)? Thermostatic
control of fan, causing fan to spin at higher RPM, making more noise?

.... Ben Myers

On 26 Mar 2005 11:21:09 -0800, anonymous.coward.01@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi group,
>I have an HP pavillion a350y which had an ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard.
>
>Something went wrong with the motherboard, and i replaced it with this
>one Asus P4P800VM.
>
>All worked well, except that the CPU fan used to be so quite and now it
>started making noise after switching the motherboard.
>Does anyone know why is that?
>is there some kind of setting i need to change to get rid of the noise?
>or did i screw up the fan while installation?
>
>any information is greatly appreciated.
>
>thanks
>anonc

steven

Another thing, if you smoke, then this kills fans fast and makes them very
noisy, but Ben's suggestions are the first to look at.

Steven

<anonymous.coward.01@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi group,
> I have an HP pavillion a350y which had an ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard.
>
> Something went wrong with the motherboard, and i replaced it with this
> one Asus P4P800VM.
>
> All worked well, except that the CPU fan used to be so quite and now it
> started making noise after switching the motherboard.
> Does anyone know why is that?
> is there some kind of setting i need to change to get rid of the noise?
> or did i screw up the fan while installation?
>
> any information is greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
> anonc

Smoking kills more than fans. I've opened up the chassis of a smoker's computer
and found a yucky yellow coating all inside. Coats the lungs well, too.
Smoking and furry animals are the two major enemies of computer fans.
Interestingly, I've seen a lot of filthy dirty fans in factory environments, but
the fans keep spinning and the systems keep running... Ben Myers