I can't find a support group for AntiSpyware Beta

I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
can find help at.

Anyone know where I should look?

Please and thank you.

My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
7 answers Last reply
More about find support group antispyware beta

    Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    FireBrick wrote:
    > I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup
    > that I can find help at.
    >
    > Anyone know where I should look?
    >
    > Please and thank you.

    When you downloaded the product to use, the link was sitting right there -
    in front of you - for the newsgroup.. heh
    (Do you normally download and install things without reading about them
    first?)

    First, there is this on the web page for downloading MSAS:

    "Beta Support Policy:
    This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for feedback and testing
    purposes. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta releases
    (see below for information about how to gain access to newsgroups). If
    Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is causing an issue with your system, we
    recommend removing it by using Add or Remove Programs and even using System
    Restore if the problem persists."

    Then there is this:

    "Access to Newsgroups:
    Although formal support is not offered for this beta, we have provided
    newsgroups to help get your questions answered."

    Where the link goes here:
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    And assuming you were using Internet Explorer - this works fine - if you
    take a second and see how you have to use them. When you first visit
    the page the buttons are not functional, because you have not chosen
    a specific newsgroup in this grouping to do anything with.. See the menu on
    the left of the web page?

    Announcements
    Application Compatibility
    General
    Install
    Networking
    Online Community
    Signatures

    Try clicking on one of the selections.. For most questions, I would suggest
    "General". When it loads you will notice that there is now a variety of
    things to do - including "New Post". This would be my suggestion to you, if
    you wish to use the Web Interface. For most, a separate newsreader is
    a better choice - as it provide functionality and reliability that the web
    interface does not.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    yes I do read...but I'm old and forgetful...
    so cut me some slack...
    as I was looking for a different type of support, I didn't recognize that
    part as being what I was looking for.

    But thanks to all who did offer help. I'm ontrack and awaiting any replies
    on the newgroup.

    > FireBrick wrote:
    >> I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup
    >> that I can find help at.
    >>
    >> Anyone know where I should look?
    >>
    >> Please and thank you.
    >
    > When you downloaded the product to use, the link was sitting right there -
    > in front of you - for the newsgroup.. heh
    > (Do you normally download and install things without reading about them
    > first?)
    >
    > First, there is this on the web page for downloading MSAS:
    >
    > "Beta Support Policy:
    > This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for feedback and testing
    > purposes. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta releases
    > (see below for information about how to gain access to newsgroups). If
    > Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is causing an issue with your system, we
    > recommend removing it by using Add or Remove Programs and even using
    > System Restore if the problem persists."
    >
    > Then there is this:
    >
    > "Access to Newsgroups:
    > Although formal support is not offered for this beta, we have provided
    > newsgroups to help get your questions answered."
    >
    > Where the link goes here:
    > http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
    >
    > And assuming you were using Internet Explorer - this works fine - if you
    > take a second and see how you have to use them. When you first visit
    > the page the buttons are not functional, because you have not chosen
    > a specific newsgroup in this grouping to do anything with.. See the menu
    > on
    > the left of the web page?
    >
    > Announcements
    > Application Compatibility
    > General
    > Install
    > Networking
    > Online Community
    > Signatures
    >
    > Try clicking on one of the selections.. For most questions, I would
    > suggest
    > "General". When it loads you will notice that there is now a variety of
    > things to do - including "New Post". This would be my suggestion to you,
    > if
    > you wish to use the Web Interface. For most, a separate newsreader is
    > a better choice - as it provide functionality and reliability that the web
    > interface does not.
    >

    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    What glitch?

    "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
    >I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
    >can find help at.
    >
    > Anyone know where I should look?
    >
    > Please and thank you.

    > My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
    >
    > Bill H. in Chicagoland

    One of my legal, and proper programs (Ham Radio program) takes minutes to
    load if AntiSpyware is enabled.
    But only a split second to load when not enabled.

    I looked through all the options and couldn't find how to 'allow' this
    program although it does list it and it's authors details.

    Thanks for the help.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > What glitch?

    > "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
    >>can find help at.
    >>
    >> Anyone know where I should look?
    >>
    >> Please and thank you.

    >> My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
    >>
    >> Bill H. in Chicagoland

    I don't see that option either. I see where it can be ignored but not how to
    add it to the list. Then again lets not forget the word Beta.

    > One of my legal, and proper programs (Ham Radio program) takes minutes to
    > load if AntiSpyware is enabled.
    > But only a split second to load when not enabled.
    >
    > I looked through all the options and couldn't find how to 'allow' this
    > program although it does list it and it's authors details.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >

    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    >> What glitch?
    >>
    >> --

    >> "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
    >>>can find help at.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know where I should look?
    >>>
    >>> Please and thank you.

    >>> My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
    >>>
    >>> Bill H. in Chicagoland

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    FireBrick wrote:
    > I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
    > can find help at.
    >
    > Anyone know where I should look?
    >
    > Please and thank you.

    > My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
    >
    > Bill H. in Chicagoland

Support Microsoft Windows XP