I can't find a support group for AntiSpyware Beta

firebrick

I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
can find help at.

Anyone know where I should look?

Please and thank you.

My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.

Bill H. in Chicagoland

Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

FireBrick wrote:
> I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup
> that I can find help at.
>
> Anyone know where I should look?
>
> Please and thank you.

When you downloaded the product to use, the link was sitting right there -
in front of you - for the newsgroup.. heh
(Do you normally download and install things without reading about them
first?)

First, there is this on the web page for downloading MSAS:

"Beta Support Policy:
This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for feedback and testing
purposes. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta releases
(see below for information about how to gain access to newsgroups). If
Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is causing an issue with your system, we
recommend removing it by using Add or Remove Programs and even using System
Restore if the problem persists."

Then there is this:

"Access to Newsgroups:
Although formal support is not offered for this beta, we have provided
newsgroups to help get your questions answered."

Where the link goes here:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

And assuming you were using Internet Explorer - this works fine - if you
take a second and see how you have to use them. When you first visit
the page the buttons are not functional, because you have not chosen
a specific newsgroup in this grouping to do anything with.. See the menu on
the left of the web page?

Announcements
Application Compatibility
General
Install
Networking
Online Community
Signatures

Try clicking on one of the selections.. For most questions, I would suggest
"General". When it loads you will notice that there is now a variety of
things to do - including "New Post". This would be my suggestion to you, if
you wish to use the Web Interface. For most, a separate newsreader is
a better choice - as it provide functionality and reliability that the web
interface does not.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

firebrick

yes I do read...but I'm old and forgetful...
so cut me some slack...
as I was looking for a different type of support, I didn't recognize that
part as being what I was looking for.

But thanks to all who did offer help. I'm ontrack and awaiting any replies
on the newgroup.

> FireBrick wrote:
>> I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup
>> that I can find help at.
>>
>> Anyone know where I should look?
>>
>> Please and thank you.
>
> When you downloaded the product to use, the link was sitting right there -
> in front of you - for the newsgroup.. heh
> (Do you normally download and install things without reading about them
> first?)
>
> First, there is this on the web page for downloading MSAS:
>
> "Beta Support Policy:
> This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for feedback and testing
> purposes. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta releases
> (see below for information about how to gain access to newsgroups). If
> Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is causing an issue with your system, we
> recommend removing it by using Add or Remove Programs and even using
> System Restore if the problem persists."
>
> Then there is this:
>
> "Access to Newsgroups:
> Although formal support is not offered for this beta, we have provided
> newsgroups to help get your questions answered."
>
> Where the link goes here:
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us
>
> And assuming you were using Internet Explorer - this works fine - if you
> take a second and see how you have to use them. When you first visit
> the page the buttons are not functional, because you have not chosen
> a specific newsgroup in this grouping to do anything with.. See the menu
> on
> the left of the web page?
>
> Announcements
> Application Compatibility
> General
> Install
> Networking
> Online Community
> Signatures
>
> Try clicking on one of the selections.. For most questions, I would
> suggest
> "General". When it loads you will notice that there is now a variety of
> things to do - including "New Post". This would be my suggestion to you,
> if
> you wish to use the Web Interface. For most, a separate newsreader is
> a better choice - as it provide functionality and reliability that the web
> interface does not.
>

> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

What glitch?

"FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
>I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
>can find help at.
>
> Anyone know where I should look?
>
> Please and thank you.

> My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
>
> Bill H. in Chicagoland

firebrick

One of my legal, and proper programs (Ham Radio program) takes minutes to
load if AntiSpyware is enabled.
But only a split second to load when not enabled.

I looked through all the options and couldn't find how to 'allow' this
program although it does list it and it's authors details.

Thanks for the help.

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> What glitch?

> "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
>>I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
>>can find help at.
>>
>> Anyone know where I should look?
>>
>> Please and thank you.

>> My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
>>
>> Bill H. in Chicagoland

I don't see that option either. I see where it can be ignored but not how to
add it to the list. Then again lets not forget the word Beta.

> One of my legal, and proper programs (Ham Radio program) takes minutes to
> load if AntiSpyware is enabled.
> But only a split second to load when not enabled.
>
> I looked through all the options and couldn't find how to 'allow' this
> program although it does list it and it's authors details.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
>> What glitch?
>>
>> --

>> "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a glitch and can't find an email for support or a newsgroup that I
>>>can find help at.
>>>
>>> Anyone know where I should look?
>>>
>>> Please and thank you.

>>> My problems are all relative. Just too many of them.
>>>
>>> Bill H. in Chicagoland

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

regards,
ssg MS-MVP