Joe

I uninstalled a 3rd party firewall and install a another product to replace
it. Prior to installing the new FW I went though the registry to remove any
entries from the previous version however this are two entries I can't
remove, I get an "Error Deleting Values" which says "unable to delete all
specified values". I cleaned out what I could and the new FW seems to be
OK... any advise on removing these last entries? I did s selective start up
via msconfig and tried removing in SAFE mode and it made no difference, I
also tried to rename it. Thanks in advance

Joe,

What are those entries? Have you checked the Permissions?

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Joe" <none@aol.com> wrote in message
>I uninstalled a 3rd party firewall and install a another product to replace
>it. Prior to installing the new FW I went though the registry to remove any
>entries from the previous version however this are two entries I can't
>remove, I get an "Error Deleting Values" which says "unable to delete all
>specified values". I cleaned out what I could and the new FW seems to be
>OK... any advise on removing these last entries? I did s selective start up
>via msconfig and tried removing in SAFE mode and it made no difference, I
>also tried to rename it. Thanks in advance

Joe

Ramesh, Thank you! the permissions did the trick... anyway it was the
DeviceDesc (for Sygate Personal firewall)

> Joe,
>
> What are those entries? Have you checked the Permissions?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Joe" <none@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I uninstalled a 3rd party firewall and install a another product to
>>replace it. Prior to installing the new FW I went though the registry to
>>remove any entries from the previous version however this are two entries
>>I can't remove, I get an "Error Deleting Values" which says "unable to
>>delete all specified values". I cleaned out what I could and the new FW
>>seems to be OK... any advise on removing these last entries? I did s
>>selective start up via msconfig and tried removing in SAFE mode and it
>>made no difference, I also tried to rename it. Thanks in advance

You're welcome Joe.