What would a brand new still in box Bally Centaur be worth?

???
19 answers Last reply
More about what brand bally centaur worth

    Ok, i'll bite: Do you or someone you know have one? I'll buy it if
    you do :)

    I'm trying to aquire one as we speak. I'll keep you posted.

    well, make sure you e-mail me and let me get my bid in :-)

    i'll make it quite tasty!

    Pinlicious___AT___gmail.com

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    I'll buy it.

    ug, if i ended up with a NIB Centaur it would go from NIB->HUO in a
    fraction of a second.

    who could resist opening that up?

    -c

    Damn.. someone rabbed it before I did.
    http://boston.craigslist.org/for/81550966.html

    wow $200 for a NIB centaur.

    i would be like forest gump and just start running there.

    ;)

    I just hope it was either a Centaur 2 or a sick joke.

    It's totally someone joking around. First flaw in argument:

    "Machine is still in box from factory"
    "Machine is black with silver graphics"

    you guys believe anything

    remember the guy in Washington state with the 60 HUO machines?

    this is just a guy having fun with you

    $200 ya right ...

    gary

    Well who on Earth would do something like that?

    Chris Lyon wrote:
    > It's totally someone joking around.

    That guy in Washington actually DID have the games but they were not in
    the condition he said they were. Who's to say the Centaur isn't for
    real?

    nomad

    nomad wrote:
    > That guy in Washington actually DID have the games but they were not in
    > the condition he said they were. Who's to say the Centaur isn't for
    > real?
    >
    > nomad

    Lets say you dad was an op. You've been around these things your whole
    life. You don't have any idea that even the shittiest game on earth is
    worth more than $200? Most ops I know think their shittiest game is
    worth $2000.

    Let's say you post an ad on Craigslist for a $200 centaur game. You get
    50 panicked responses. Several from the same person updating you on
    their situation. "Ok, just wanted to give you my phone #. Again. I can
    pick it up tonight." 10 minutes later...."OK here's my number again. I
    can pick it up NOW!" etc. etc.

    You don't decide that maybe this thing is worth much, much more than
    you thought and relist it, throw it on ebay, etc?

    I'll tell you what, post your OWN fake CL ad and see what happens.

    Nobody. They'd have 10 offers over $1000 in the first hour in the
    Boston area. Anybody who continued to go through with the sale would
    be the world's biggest chump.

    h_h

    haha, i offered 3k and heard nothing back.

    maybe it was a scam, maybe it wasn't, but i haven't gotten killer deals
    on some huo pins because i was worried about being fooled. ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    This is what he's talking about:

    "ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > ???

    >remember the guy in Washington state with the 60
    >HUO machines?

    Sounds like this guy in arizona with a bunch of "claimed" HUO games
    that he can't prove are HUO. sounds like that guy is full of it as
    well.

    Kirb

    I sent an email minutes after it was posted. Not even an email back
    saying it was sold. It seems fishy the way they described it (crate
    says Bally and Centaur and something about its black and white). If
    they can place an ad on Craig's List, they sure must be capable of
    typing Bally Centaur on Google. Looks like the ad already got pulled.
    I guess I'm just going to buy that Deadly Weapon instead (with real
    "action" music according to the flier)

    Chris (in NH)

    On 29 Jun 2005 05:36:05 -0700, "ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote:

    >???

    5000-7500
    Really hard to say since there could be water damage, mold, etc. after
    sitting in the box for so long. Assuming no issues I'd guess it'd be
    worth on the upper end of the estimate and down from that depending on
    what's wrong. Would I pay that? No, but someone would.

Games Video Games