What would a brand new still in box Bally Centaur be worth?

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2005 9:36:05 AM

???
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:42:57 AM

Ok, i'll bite: Do you or someone you know have one? I'll buy it if
you do :)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:45:50 AM

I'm trying to aquire one as we speak. I'll keep you posted.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:54:06 AM

well, make sure you e-mail me and let me get my bid in :-)

i'll make it quite tasty!

Pinlicious___AT___gmail.com

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:04:26 AM

I'll buy it.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:17:58 AM

ug, if i ended up with a NIB Centaur it would go from NIB->HUO in a
fraction of a second.

who could resist opening that up?

-c
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:12:24 AM

wow $200 for a NIB centaur.

i would be like forest gump and just start running there.

;)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:30:43 AM

I just hope it was either a Centaur 2 or a sick joke.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:50:42 AM

It's totally someone joking around. First flaw in argument:

"Machine is still in box from factory"
"Machine is black with silver graphics"
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:54:19 AM

you guys believe anything

remember the guy in Washington state with the 60 HUO machines?

this is just a guy having fun with you

$200 ya right ...

gary
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:55:21 AM

Well who on Earth would do something like that?

Chris Lyon wrote:
> It's totally someone joking around.
June 29, 2005 12:00:18 PM

That guy in Washington actually DID have the games but they were not in
the condition he said they were. Who's to say the Centaur isn't for
real?

nomad
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:07:52 PM

nomad wrote:
> That guy in Washington actually DID have the games but they were not in
> the condition he said they were. Who's to say the Centaur isn't for
> real?
>
> nomad

Lets say you dad was an op. You've been around these things your whole
life. You don't have any idea that even the shittiest game on earth is
worth more than $200? Most ops I know think their shittiest game is
worth $2000.

Let's say you post an ad on Craigslist for a $200 centaur game. You get
50 panicked responses. Several from the same person updating you on
their situation. "Ok, just wanted to give you my phone #. Again. I can
pick it up tonight." 10 minutes later...."OK here's my number again. I
can pick it up NOW!" etc. etc.

You don't decide that maybe this thing is worth much, much more than
you thought and relist it, throw it on ebay, etc?

I'll tell you what, post your OWN fake CL ad and see what happens.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:10:03 PM

Nobody. They'd have 10 offers over $1000 in the first hour in the
Boston area. Anybody who continued to go through with the sale would
be the world's biggest chump.

h_h
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:38:34 PM

haha, i offered 3k and heard nothing back.

maybe it was a scam, maybe it wasn't, but i haven't gotten killer deals
on some huo pins because i was worried about being fooled. ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:03:11 PM

This is what he's talking about:

http://boston.craigslist.org/for/81550966.html

"ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ???

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:42:42 PM

>remember the guy in Washington state with the 60
>HUO machines?

Sounds like this guy in arizona with a bunch of "claimed" HUO games
that he can't prove are HUO. sounds like that guy is full of it as
well.

Kirb
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:55:56 PM

I sent an email minutes after it was posted. Not even an email back
saying it was sold. It seems fishy the way they described it (crate
says Bally and Centaur and something about its black and white). If
they can place an ad on Craig's List, they sure must be capable of
typing Bally Centaur on Google. Looks like the ad already got pulled.
I guess I'm just going to buy that Deadly Weapon instead (with real
"action" music according to the flier)

Chris (in NH)
June 29, 2005 5:10:22 PM

On 29 Jun 2005 05:36:05 -0700, "ajcrm125" <ajcrm125@gmail.com> wrote:

>???

5000-7500
Really hard to say since there could be water damage, mold, etc. after
sitting in the box for so long. Assuming no issues I'd guess it'd be
worth on the upper end of the estimate and down from that depending on
what's wrong. Would I pay that? No, but someone would.
!