Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

August 14, 2005 2:40:02 PM

I've found instructions (on other sites) to startup WPFV that use the
following:

rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen
<<path-to-picture>>

However, this always starts WPFV in "Full Screen". I would prefer to start
this (admittedly handy) little tool up in "Windowed" (i.e.., NOT Full
Screen). Maybe something like "...shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Window"? Is there a
reference somewhere around (Google doesn't come up with it, neither does a
search of the MS KB) with the available args for shimgvw.dll?
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:58:01 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I seem to have shot my mouth off (once again) without the
proper ammunition. But I have tried this on a different XP install (all
patched up, of course and it opens in a proper windowed version.

But it still would be nice to have a list of the various arguments for
shimgvw.dll.

!