Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Sound recorder sowtware

Tags:
  • Audio
Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 5, 2010 12:49:18 PM

hello,
I heard there is recording software call Audacity is great freeware. I dowload it & use it to record either in cd or stereo mix to record musics. There is no wave appear in the record line when recording & no sound when playback the recoded song. Is it related to the sound card/driver (built in) limitation? Any suggestion is appreciate.
My PC built with;
P4 2.8G CPU with 500Gb HDD
ASUS P5B Delux Mobo
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512Mb Window XP SP3

More about : sound recorder sowtware

Anonymous
September 5, 2010 2:11:41 PM

Probably, you need to adjust the input line levels in Windows.

Control Panel, Sound and Audio, Advanced, Options, Properties. Check that it's set to Recording rather than Playback. And check input levels in the mixer, obviously.

In audacity set volume level until the coloured bars appear at a level below clipping (zero db).

m
0
l
September 12, 2010 4:30:37 AM

Quote:
Probably, you need to adjust the input line levels in Windows.

Control Panel, Sound and Audio, Advanced, Options, Properties. Check that it's set to Recording rather than Playback. And check input levels in the mixer, obviously.

In audacity set volume level until the coloured bars appear at a level below clipping (zero db).


Dear friend,
I try to follow the setting but still the same. There is no wave when recording. Please advice.
thanks
m
0
l
Anonymous
September 12, 2010 8:06:32 AM

Can you hear anything that's connected to the computer's audio input and running -- like a CD player ? Via the speakers (or headphone).

m
0
l
September 12, 2010 8:32:04 AM

Quote:
Can you hear anything that's connected to the computer's audio input and running -- like a CD player ? Via the speakers (or headphone).



I can hear the sound when i playback either using cd player or on line musics on either speaker or headphones. Is it possible the built-in soundcard driver limitation that block this option?
m
0
l

Best solution

Anonymous
September 12, 2010 8:36:27 AM

Soundcard shouldn't be the problem -- I can only think the issue is with settings in Audio mixer (whether set to record or playback) or a setting within Audacity itself.

Share
September 19, 2010 9:18:55 AM

Quote:
Soundcard shouldn't be the problem -- I can only think the issue is with settings in Audio mixer (whether set to record or playback) or a setting within Audacity itself.


I try all the setting that related to record, whether set to record and than playback & still dont work. Well in the mean time i try what i can do. Thanks for ur idea & post it to me if u had a better idea in near future
m
0
l
September 19, 2010 9:19:36 AM

Best answer selected by munyc.
m
0
l
!