D8400 - Any good?

Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
advantage/disadvantage?

Malvin wrote:
> Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
> advantage/disadvantage?

Had mine for 4 weeks and had a memory problem when it was brand new
(documented in another thread). I love mine & would buy it again even
knowing what I know now. IMHO it's a pretty sweet machine.

"Malvin" <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
> advantage/disadvantage?

No problems here although if you site the base unit in the wrong place, the
fan does have a tendency to sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Mine is 4 months old and I replaced both Maxtor HD's last week. Must have
come from a bad batch. (SMART
alerts and bad sectors). I had everything backed up and imaged so from
opening the package from Dell it took less than 45 minutes to get the
replacement HD fitted,
partitioned, images restored and computer operational with all my programs
working. It is a great computer and I'd buy it again. I now have two WD hard
drives.

Brian

"Malvin" <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
> advantage/disadvantage?

ricardo

Malvin wrote:
> Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
> advantage/disadvantage?

I have bought 3 Dimension 8400,s and haven't had a problem with any of
them. I wouldn't buy anything else.
ricardo

I've had one for 6 months now the power supply packed up a few days ago told
Dell on the Wednesday afternoon new power supply on the doorstep Friday
Morning other than that I would get another

"Malvin" <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
> advantage/disadvantage?

> "Malvin" <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Planning to get this model, anyone can give feedback as to
> advantage/disadvantage?

I've had one now for about 3 months with Media Center version of XP and love
it. No problems with it at all running 24/7.

--

Joe Cilinceon

TRENDING THREADS