Tcp/Ip optimization to maximize internet performance

Recently I have changed from 56K dial-up connection to 28800bps dial-up
connection. Is it necessary to use Tcp/Ip optimization softwares (ISpeed -
www.hms.com or similar) to fine tune (1Ghz,256mb Ram,WinXP Pro SP2,Norton
AV,Kerio) settings to maximize it's performance?

I appreciate any help or insights y'all might offer.

Brother Brock
--
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

Brother Brock wrote:
> Recently I have changed from 56K dial-up connection to 28800bps
> dial-up connection. Is it necessary to use Tcp/Ip optimization
> softwares (ISpeed - www.hms.com or similar) to fine tune (1Ghz,256mb
> Ram,WinXP Pro SP2,Norton AV,Kerio) settings to maximize it's
> performance?
> I appreciate any help or insights y'all might offer.

You never got much of an increase from any tweaking on dial-up - but I
suppose every little bit counts. Looik at the same places for tweaks as you
did before.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP