LOTR on Mr Pinball today (Wed)

$2700 - in NY. Dang! Why can't this be in the Ohio Valley.

Oh well, I'm still a patient man - one day I'll find one of these for
around $2500...one day - perhaps when NASCAR comes out people will want
to sell their LOTR so they can go buy the new "hot" game.

If you have one for sale (or want to do some kind of trade) then let me
know.
16 answers Last reply
More about lotr pinball today

    You aren't kidding! I saw that too. There will be some come up that
    people will want to "dump" to get a new NASCAR. I am right in line
    with Scott, want to trade or sell, LMK. But PLEASE, contact Scott
    first. I owe him big time for a pin he helped me out with,plus, he
    started this thread and it would only be the right thing to do :>)

    Later

    Mike

    With all these HUO Stern pins in the field, there is NO Way they are
    going to hold value

    NO WAY

    Look, WMS pins might have 50 of each unit HUO in the field and many of
    them sell for less than the price of a new pin

    The new trick in buying Stern pins, is to let someone else pay the
    crazy inflated price and then snap up their perfect HUO pin when they
    are sick of it near the $3000 mark

    IMHO

    gary

    I was lucky enough to snag the $3000 LoTR advertised here. But $2700?!

    Hopefully in a year, they will be easy to find in the $2700 and under
    range.

    >IMHO

    Gary,

    There is nothing "H" about your "O".

    John

    $2800-3100 is going to be the price point

    less for some so-so titles

    gary

    PT

    fair point ...

    gary

    Agreed It's sort of like comic books when they started printing
    millions when the collector market exploded. But whatever, pins as an
    investment is stupid. Play the hell out of them as they were intended.
    ;)

    I dont see my LOTR going anywhere soon.

    -c

    tspp and lotr will hold value and WILL go up once stern stops making
    them. period.

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    Yea but will Ripleys?

    I saw it about 9:30 this morning and I knew it would already be gone so
    I didnt even bother to check it out.

    >Yea but will Ripleys?

    The only Stern titles to date that are holding value seem to be LOTR
    and TSPP. All others seem to be dropping in value- some at a high rate.

    Stern's ability to re-run games has held the aftermarket down on LOTR,
    TSPP, and to some extent HD. I just can't see anyone paying more than
    $3500 for a used title if it has any chance of being re-run.

    HD can slap their name on anything and it will sell. Ever go into a new
    HD dealer? They should invest on having actual PARTS in stock and not
    the trinkets.

    Kirb

    Called, left name with the seller's brother. Seller is at work. Was told
    list of interested parties was already a mile long. Also told I'm about the
    millionth person to request being indicated as "willing to come immediately
    with cash in hand". Ah well...not quick enough on the draw!

    caligallag...@yahoo.com Jun 29, 1:07 pm show options

    Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
    From: caligallag...@yahoo.com - Find messages by this author
    Date: 29 Jun 2005 10:07:57 -0700
    Subject: Re: LOTR on Mr Pinball today (Wed)
    original | Report Abuse

    Yea but will Ripleys?

    those are already sub 3k huo, so no. R.I.P.leys will just go down in
    value. especially considering most (if not all) new games to come out
    will be better.

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    > those are already sub 3k huo, so no. R.I.P.leys will just go down in
    > value. especially considering most (if not all) new games to come out
    > will be better.

    They will? Hm, does your crystal ball do NFL scores or lottery
    numbers?? ;)

    Next year we'll get one!! Hang in there :)

    Chet

    <scott@farrar.com> wrote in message
    > $2700 - in NY. Dang! Why can't this be in the Ohio Valley.
    >
    > Oh well, I'm still a patient man - one day I'll find one of these for
    > around $2500...one day - perhaps when NASCAR comes out people will want
    > to sell their LOTR so they can go buy the new "hot" game.
    >
    > If you have one for sale (or want to do some kind of trade) then let me
    > know.

Games Video Games