LOTR on Mr Pinball today (Wed)

Scott

$2700 - in NY. Dang! Why can't this be in the Ohio Valley.

Oh well, I'm still a patient man - one day I'll find one of these for
around $2500...one day - perhaps when NASCAR comes out people will want
to sell their LOTR so they can go buy the new "hot" game.

If you have one for sale (or want to do some kind of trade) then let me
know.

You aren't kidding! I saw that too. There will be some come up that
people will want to "dump" to get a new NASCAR. I am right in line
with Scott, want to trade or sell, LMK. But PLEASE, contact Scott
first. I owe him big time for a pin he helped me out with,plus, he
started this thread and it would only be the right thing to do :>)

Later

Mike

With all these HUO Stern pins in the field, there is NO Way they are
going to hold value

NO WAY

Look, WMS pins might have 50 of each unit HUO in the field and many of
them sell for less than the price of a new pin

The new trick in buying Stern pins, is to let someone else pay the
crazy inflated price and then snap up their perfect HUO pin when they
are sick of it near the $3000 mark

IMHO

gary

I was lucky enough to snag the $3000 LoTR advertised here. But $2700?!

Hopefully in a year, they will be easy to find in the $2700 and under
range.

$2800-3100 is going to be the price point

less for some so-so titles

gary

Agreed It's sort of like comic books when they started printing
millions when the collector market exploded. But whatever, pins as an
investment is stupid. Play the hell out of them as they were intended.
;)

I dont see my LOTR going anywhere soon.

-c

tspp and lotr will hold value and WILL go up once stern stops making
them. period.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

I saw it about 9:30 this morning and I knew it would already be gone so
I didnt even bother to check it out.

>Yea but will Ripleys?

The only Stern titles to date that are holding value seem to be LOTR
and TSPP. All others seem to be dropping in value- some at a high rate.

Stern's ability to re-run games has held the aftermarket down on LOTR,
TSPP, and to some extent HD. I just can't see anyone paying more than
$3500 for a used title if it has any chance of being re-run.

HD can slap their name on anything and it will sell. Ever go into a new
HD dealer? They should invest on having actual PARTS in stock and not
the trinkets.

Kirb

Called, left name with the seller's brother. Seller is at work. Was told
list of interested parties was already a mile long. Also told I'm about the
millionth person to request being indicated as "willing to come immediately
with cash in hand". Ah well...not quick enough on the draw!

caligallag...@yahoo.com Jun 29, 1:07 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: caligallag...@yahoo.com - Find messages by this author
Date: 29 Jun 2005 10:07:57 -0700
Subject: Re: LOTR on Mr Pinball today (Wed)
original | Report Abuse

Yea but will Ripleys?

those are already sub 3k huo, so no. R.I.P.leys will just go down in
value. especially considering most (if not all) new games to come out
will be better.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

> those are already sub 3k huo, so no. R.I.P.leys will just go down in
> value. especially considering most (if not all) new games to come out
> will be better.

They will? Hm, does your crystal ball do NFL scores or lottery
numbers?? ;)

Next year we'll get one!! Hang in there :)

Chet