compaq 7360 boot problem

I have a Compaq 7360 (an older computer). The only thing I've have ever
done to this computer was to install more ram.
It worked fine for a couple months and then one day the computer
wouldn't boot.
I see the compaq logo and see the computer checking the memory. That's
it, it just stops after the memory check and this is with the extra ram
removed.

If anyone can help, Thanks Much!!!

--
mkcastrom

Several possibilities:

1. The motherboard battery is failing or has failed and the CMOS settings are
corrupted. This one is quite likely if the battery has never been replaced.
The most common computer battery costs a couple of bucks, a C2032 3v lithium
one.

2. The hard drive has bitten the dust, also common with an older computer, and
VERY common with the stinking Quantum 5.25" Bigfoot drives used by Compaq in
many Presario models.

3. Other hardware failure such as a motherboard circuit. A loose cable?

.... Ben Myers